Wednesday 14th December

348/365: the nemesia flowers have survived the snow!
 

I'm counting yesterday as a good day. I had a lovely time with Joy in the morning, even though she forced me to have a second mince pie! 😂 I think she may have a thing about twos as she also gave me a second Christmas card but I didn't realise that until I got home. Maybe I'm supposed to save one of them for next year? 

I was all warm and cosy by the time I left Joy's so was not really wanting to do the shopping I'd planned but I pulled myself together once I'd started the car and headed towards the supermarket. The place was absolutely packed so I didn't get everything on my list but picked up more than enough to keep me going until I start on the Christmas menu. I also put petrol in the car and delivered a couple of cards to friends on the other side of town.

Back at home I actually felt the urge to do some housework. I checked in the mirror and it was definitely me feeling like that so I didn't fight it and hoovered all the rooms and cleaned the en-suite and the downstairs cloakroom. Once I got that out of my system I settled down and flicked through the Radio Times and TV Times ... I'm not that impressed with the TV offerings over Christmas and why have they put Carols from Kings on at the same time as the Princess of Wales' Royal Carols? 

Things have changed a bit today as neighbour S has rescheduled the work he's doing for me to the weekend so I have a free day to enjoy and will be going out to look for some holly to photograph. I know there is some at Edington Priory but there's bound to be some closer to home than that so will wander around the village first. Then, back home, I'll get the Instant Pot out and cook up some more soups ... it's definitely soup weather and supplies are running low!

I will hopefully be seeing J tonight for our Christmas get together and catch-up. As usual it'll depend on her commitments but if we do manage to meet we'll probably stay in and have a take-away delivered. 


 

Comments

  1. Ha ha, I had no idea I'd given you two cards! Are you sure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I'm not sure now I've looked again. The writing is different and I think the other one may be from one of the ladies at the book group ... your husband's share the same name and this has confused me! 😂😂

      Delete
  2. Have they??? How ridiculous is that. Competition, I guess. I will watch one and record t'other.
    Well done with the housework - I am seriously impressed. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I'll be doing the same as you. I suppose it'll happen every year now if the Royal Carols is to be an annual event.

      I'm just hoping this urge to do some housework isn't going to be a regular thing!! xx

      Delete
  3. We all need days like this, ones that revive us & fill us with joy of friendship & family. I wish we could get The Princess of Wales concert. I wonder if she will play the piano again this year with a guest singer. I could use a day of inspired house keeping (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise the Princess of Wales' carol concert wasn't available to all the commonwealth countries. That's a shame. I'm hoping she plays the piano again.

      I'm glad I managed some housework yesterday because I definitely don't have the urge to do any today! Good luck with yours.

      Delete
  4. yes, the pulling oneself together, accompanied by the urge to do. I certainly live that way. and as a third i like to add something like, relying on my husband. I find that very comforting that sometimes he takes initiatives and all i have to do is follow his lead ( says someone ( me) who is hugely independent)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! I live alone now since my partner died so I no longer have that reliance on him to take the initiative but I do understand what you mean. xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a busy day. I do so miss the television magazines where you can look in advance and see what's on over Christmas. It just isn't the same over here. Makes me homesick every year. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise the weekly TV magazine are just a UK thing. I just took it for granted that you had them in the States as well. The different traditions between the two countries must be difficult for you ... sending hugs your way. xx

      Delete
  6. Oh, you poor thing, forced into eating a second mince pie! The things you do for friends! :D
    Sounds like you had a busy day, yesterday! Hope you have a lovely day, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard but I struggled through it 😂 I had a lovely day thanks Bless xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts