Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • discussing my family tree research with siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews through texts and phone calls
  • knowing that all the bulbs have been planted so I have the promise of beautiful spring colour to look forward to
  • chatting with friends
  • trying a new recipe for curried fish (thanks for the idea, Bless)
  • regaining that feeling of contentment after a few days of being completely unsettled by the coronavirus situation in the UK
  • knowing that every area of the house has now been sorted and unwanted items removed 
  • Zoom quizzes with friends ... we were useless!

I am grateful ...
  • for M's hard work in the garden, and her generosity in sharing her expertise
  • central heating!

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise (a minimum of 4,000 steps every day): failed miserably! I changed things round this week and was aiming to fit in one long walk early in the day with a view to increasing stamina. But, it didn't happen so it's back to what I was doing before ... a minimum of 4,000 steps during a day and forget about the long walk idea for now.

Comments

  1. You are most welcome! Did you like curried fish?

    How lovely to be able to say each area of the house has been sorted and decluttered! I am envious! :)

    I think it is a good idea to keep to the 4,000 steps a day goal and, if you can fit in a walk, then, that's just a bonus.

    Hope next week will be as full of reasons for good cheer and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did like the curried fish. This one was in a sauce but someone else has suggested a curried topping and bake in parchment which I'll try at some stage.

      It feels good to have sorted everything. I can't say the decluttering is completely finished as I still have to arrange the disposal of unwanted items ... still waiting to hear back from auction houses, etc.

      I started back on the 4,000 daily steps yesterday. It feels enough for now!

      Hope next week is good for you too.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're getting a more contented feed. It's so hard sometimes. Building endurance is something I need to work on, and I don't even know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to approach life with a conscious decision to be happy and enjoy every day. It's not always easy, but is easier the more I practice this approach.

      The exercise is another story though! I think I will just have to carry on as I am, walking slowly and hoping for the best. I probably need to join an exercise class but that's out if the question for now so somehow have to work out how to push myself a bit harder.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely week. I was pleasantly surprised that I got nearly 3,000 steps in yesterday just while shopping - you can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, shopping is definitely the best way to increase your step tally. That's what I plan to do tomorrow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts