Me on Monday

Me on Monday is ...

... holding it together as far as the depression is concerned. The good news, although it is very early days, is that I've put the brakes on the decline for now and am still managing to attempt and complete simple tasks. I wouldn't say that my mood is improving yet but the fact that I can still make the effort to do something every day is a very good sign.

... moving some things out of the house today. I sorted out some donations to take to a charity shop and will try today at the hospice shop - they accept a maximum of five bags per people from 10 am until their quarantine room is full, so I plan to take three bags there for their 10 am opening time. This afternoon my neighbour will take a car load to the recycling yard for me, so that will clear out the majority of rubbish from the garage.

... meal planning for November/December. I have a supermarket delivery booked for the 10th November so want to work out what I need to buy for some of new recipes I'd like to try, plus it's also time to restock most of the cupboard basics.

... thinking about how to celebrate Christmas this year. I was going away but that was cancelled back in June so I need to make some decisions on what to do for a solo Christmas at home. I'll definitely spend the holiday season at home on my own even if the rumours of relaxing restrictions for the Big Day prove to be true. I'm quite at ease about being on my own but do want to make it special, so I am hunting for ideas.

... looking forward to choir tonight. It's our mega sing through of all the songs we've worked on since the start of lockdown, so practice time is over and it's our virtual concert! Christmas music starts next week 🎄🎶

Comments

  1. It all sounds lovely. A huge part of the enjoyment of Christmas is the planning element and the choir concert sounds brilliant.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get really excited about the planning stage of anything! I'm probably going to expand on what I did about three years ago but I need to do a bit more thinking before I explain!

      I'm looking forward to the virtual concert tonight. It should be fun xx

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful that you are holding it together, Eileen. I admire the fact that you are able to recognize the signs and can be proactive about it. That's good that you are giving some thoughts about Christmas, already. The two months till Christmas will pass quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make a start on my homemade Advent calendar next week and then plan for the actual holiday. At least I only have to please myself!

      Delete
  3. Sending hugs for the holding it together - having been there (and still have lapses back) I can emphasise with how that feels. Having plans certainly helps keep you moving - I on the other-hand am actively avoiding the thought of it. But then I do that every year so 2020 is no different there for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was referring to actively avoiding having christmas thoughts! oops! should proof read before submitting a comment :D

      Delete
    2. Haha, I do that a lot ... forget to proof read, that is.

      Thanks for the hugs as they help so much, which I'm sure you understand as you've trodden this path yourself.

      Delete
  4. You do have some wonderful ideas for keeping the "black dog" at bay. I think Christmas will look & feel very different this year, regardless of what stage of restrictions we are at. I wasn't going to do my December Daily album, but after seeing so much online, I've decided it does make me happy. Cheers to getting the rubbish out of the garage & the donations to the centre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just ordered an Advent calendar. I usually make my own but, without the carol playing I usually do I was struggling for ideas. Advent this year will be 24 days of mindfulness - it's a jar filled with card, each with a mindfulness task for the day. I think it will be fun but also a valuable exercise in terms of emotional health.

      Delete
  5. Sending hugs your way. It isn't easy staying upbeat when depression does start to close in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm hopeful that I can turn this around before the end of the year.

      Delete
  6. Hello Eileen,
    The days we are going through are not easy, but occupations help a lot to overcome problems.
    You are very organized and you manage to overtake easily.
    I wish your choir today is successful.
    Hugs and a good week.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it helps to keep fairly busy and to have things to look forward to.

      The choir starts in a couple of hours and I'm sure it'll be a good laugh.

      Delete
  7. These holiday decisions are hard to make. It's a difficult year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come up with some ideas so will enjoy a celebration of sorts. As long as the children in the family have a wonderful time, that's really all that matters.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts