Garden Update No 9

Apart from the fruit trees, which still haven't been despatched, the rest of the back garden is planted up and we're now playing the waiting game. There's still room for the  gladioli and Angel's Fishing Rods, which won't be sent until next year, and somehow we will have to find spaces for some Summer Snowflakes but that's it for planting in the ground. I've been given my orders to wait and see what it looks like next year before I buy anything else, when it'll be clear if there are any gaps or if things need to be moved round. 

M was here for a couple of hours yesterday, planting the alliums and spring vetch, and just generally tidying up. These are the alliums I chose ...

Source
Allium Eros
Source


Allium Silver Spring
Source


Allium Christophii
Source


Allium Oreophilum
Source


and these are the plants ...

Spring Vetch


Knautia Macedonica
Source


This means the winter months will be the time to decide which annuals I'd like to replace the potted bulbs that will be removed once they've flowered, and plan what I'd like to do with the front garden - I currently have no idea!  I also want to give some thought to the plants in pots on the patio - there are still some empty pots to fill and my original plan was to buy quite a few more, all different shapes and sizes to add some variety. 

Comments

  1. It's going to look absolutely fantastic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alliums you have chosen are exceptionally gorgeous. Your garden will look fab! Keep smiling Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. I like all the individual plants I've bought but still can't really imagine how they will all look together ... next year should be fun as it all grows.

      Delete
  3. Yay for having all the plants and bulbs in the ground! Just the fruit trees left, when they arrive (hope they arrive, soon). I think your garden will be lovely, next spring. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures, next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be lots of photos, don't worry 😊

      Delete
  4. Your allium choices are sweet! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how many different varieties there are. My favourite is the second photo - Silver Spring.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts