Thursday

Yesterday's shopping trip was partially successful. I picked up everything I needed  but the treats side of things was rather lacking.

I didn't buy any new clothes. There wasn't much choice in Matalan for winter woolies in colours I'd wear and I think that's going to be my problem this year. Two of the clothes shops in the town centre have closed because of the pandemic so I will now either have to go to Bath or look online to see what's available. You're not allowed to try things on in the store so I will probably go the online route as the returns side of things will be easier. 

I ran out of time to choose any new books but for a nice reason - I bumped into an ex-neighbour and we chatted until it was time for me to meet J so I paid for the stationery items and left. It was lovely to see her and we exchanged numbers so may meet up one day in the not too distant future.

Yesterday turned out to be a 'friends' day. I met T for a chat, had lunch with J, had a long text conversation with L to arrange to meet next week, and then was on the phone with Julie for over an hour catching up on all her news. I ended up the evening taking part in a virtual quiz with four other friends, which was good fun but we didn't get many of the answers!

Today, I may take a drive out to the car dealer at Southwick to see what's available on the forecourt and what I'll get in exchange for my car. It's just an idea at the moment and not urgent but in the long term I need a car with a decent sized boot. Apart from that I have nothing planned so the rest of the day will be pottering about at home.

Comments

  1. Friends days are happy days, aren't they? Good luck with finding out info about the car. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are and I think they have a much more important role in my life now - one benefit of lockdown is gaining a better understanding of what's important.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a lovely day and lovely chats with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a lovely social visit, which is sweet in these more isolated days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun way of recharging my batteries.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you were able to get all what you needed, Eileen, and also spend some time with friends. Shopping for clothes and books online is a good idea, too, especially these days. Good luck with the car shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It was good to have a 'normal' day, shopping and meeting with friends just like we used to before it all changed.

      I'm hopeful about the car exchange but it's been put off for now. I need T & D to come with me to check whatever car I choose.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts