Tuesday

I had a lovely time with L yesterday and we've made arrangements to meet up again next week. Choir practice was a riot, singing through eight of the lockdown songs. This wasn't the 'sing through the entire lockdown repertoire' evening but a last chance to have a bit of a practice. The 'sing the repertoire' evening is at the end of the month and then we make a start on a mini Christmas repertoire for November and December. 

It'll be an 'at home' day today. I want to continue preparing the family story in the format I'll be using to show other member of the family via Zoom at the end of the month. I don't need to do any research for this, it's more a case of presenting our family history as a story and trying to put each generation in context by briefly mentioning the major event happening in the UK during their lifetimes, rather than just presenting a long list of dates and names. I've had a couple of false starts trying to gauge the level of detail but I think I have it right now. 

Apart from that there'll be some reading and probably some piano playing, and on the housework front it's laundry day. Two or three loads should see it all washed and dried and, as most of it doesn't need ironing, I'm hoping to get it all folded and put away today. Best go and get started!

Comments

  1. It's wonderful that you have been able to continue singing in that way.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been brilliant. It's obviously not the same as the choir meeting in person because, due to the time delays between all the different computers, we are all muted and can only hear M singing so effectively each choir member sings a duet with her. It sounds strange, but somehow it works and I look forward to it every week.

      Delete
  2. What fun you must be having singing with your choir, even if it is through Zoom. I know your family will enjoy the stories you have gathered - I envision a crackling fire in the background, you sitting in a big soft chair with a big book across your lap, "now let me tell you about ..." I really wish someone in my family had thought to record the details, the stories about Grandparents, Moms, Dads, Aunts, Uncles & especially how the major events impacted their / our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I'm imagining but in reality I know that some of my family will constantly interrupt and I will end up muting them so there isn't an argument!

      Delete
  3. My Mum has just returned to choir practice. She had really missed it. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely for your Mum. My choir voted against resuming in person practices so for now we're sticking to online sessions.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a lovely time with L and enjoyed the choir practice. Sounds like the rest of the family is in for a treat with you sharing the family history with them. I like genealogy, but, the rest of the family isn't interested, although, one cousin's husband researched my mother's side of the family and did a family tree. I hope you enjoy your "at home" day and accomplish all what you want to get done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family aren't as interested in the family tree as I am. They occasionally show an interest but it isn't important enough to them to remember any of the details, although a couple of my nieces seem to be showing a genuine interest lately.

      I did get everything done thanks Bless.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts