Saturday

Having slept through most of yesterday I am determined to stay awake and enjoy today!

If the forecast is correct it will rain until lunchtime but we're promised a dry period this afternoon so, no excuses, I will be going out for a walk. I need a good dose of fresh air so, as I'm still without my car, I'll walk along the canal ... and maybe buy some chocolate on the way back home!

My car will be sorted out next week. T, my mechanic friend, is on holiday this week but will fit mine in when he starts back next week. I don't know if he is doing it here or taking it away - he'll let me know on Monday. I haven't needed it at all but I will still be relieved to know that I have a working car on the drive. 

There's a rattle in the attic when it's windy which is loud enough to keep me awake at night, so that's the next thing that needs attention. It's a fairly recent thing and I'm hoping it's as simple as air coming in through the air brick and making something up there flap in the air flow. It's not a continuous noise and only happens on windy days so I just need to puzzle out what's causing it. Only part of the attic is boarded so if I can't see what's making the noise in that area I will need to ask my nephew for help ... I just know that I'll end up coming through the ceiling if I try to walk across the rafters so best leave it to someone competent!

Apart from the walk and my daily Italian language practice, I don't have anything else I particularly need to do so it'll be a day of reading and an evening of TV, or Netflix if there's nothing worth watching on the Freeview channels.


Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to Strictly this evening and there's so much stuff on Netflix we're spoilt for choice really. Fingers crossed you sort out the rattle and have a lovely walk.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually bother with Strictly but may watch it this time. I feel the need for some glitz and sparkle in my life. The weather is getting worse so I don't know whether I will get out for that walk today. The sky is completely black and I have lights on in the house but at least I am warm and cosy.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like the thought of a walk that ends with the purchase of chocolates! My kind of walk! LOL. I hope your nephew will be able to help figure out what is rattling in the attic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll have a look next week. I'm hoping is it easy to spot and cheap to resolve!

      If it doesn't stop raining soon there won't be a walk so no chocolate to enjoy when watching TV tonight. I don't like chocolate enough to go out in the rain to buy some!

      Delete
  3. I’ll go a walking with Eileen if she’s going to the sweetie shop! Not in the rain though :)

    Just an aside - have you had your iron levels checked recently? Being even a little low can make you feel tired and weary (and ‘blue’)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweetie shop visit today - the weather isn't cooperating at all. I'll have to go without my treat.

      I will have my regular bloods done this month but there is unlikely to be an issue with my iron levels. Thanks for the suggestion though. I have a history of depression and my current low mood is following the usual pattern. I think this time it is definitely related to the worries of the pandemic and the restrictions on seeing the important people in my life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts