Friday

The trip to the garage convinced me to think seriously about changing my car. There wasn't anything suitable on the forecourt but he'll be ringing the changes in a couple of weeks so I'll go back and have another look then. To be honest it's not urgent and it was just too wet to want to hop in and out of cars so, although I don't know which day I'll go back, I do know that I'll choose a dry day!

The rest of the day was spent catching up with all those bitty tasks that mount up ... well they do with me. Each individual task doesn't take that long to sort out so, with a bit of perseverance I got everything up to date - I need to reinstate an admin morning to avoid this happening again.

Today it's raining again so I'll be staying in and will make a start on some deep cleaning upstairs, starting in the en-suite. It's not a huge room so I'll do it all in one go and move on to the bedroom if there's any time left before lunch. 

This afternoon I'm carrying on with the family tree. I've finished transferring the data and am now putting together a presentation to introduce some of the more interesting characters to the family via Zoom, hopefully later this month. 

'The Shows Must Go On' offering this evening is 'The Phantom of the Opera', but I'll probably give it a miss as I watched it back in the summer. I don't know what I'll watch instead, probably something on Netflix, but fancy a comedy.

Comments

  1. They do mount up, I agree. I try to keep up but it often doesn't happen and then I have to have a bit of a blitz.
    How nice to have an en suite!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's tiny but so useful when people stay over.

      Delete
  2. Hubby was telling me about the car dealership where we bought our last car. Seems that that now Covid restrictions are in place all cars are locked, no hopping in and out. You have to ask for the key and then they're sanitised before being locked again. If you want a test drive you have to go on your own. Makes sense I suppose.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all the cars were locked and, with the couple that I did try, he locked straight away afterwards and handed the key to his colleague who presumably was going to wipe it down. My friend T will do the test drive, which usually involves driving it back to his garage, putting it up on the ramp to have a good look and then running the diagnostics programme!

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of an admin morning. I'm trying out a new cleaning schedule I found on line, with a few tweaks it might just be something I'm more likely to stick with rather than the helter skelter method I'm working with. We are getting new lockdown rules today at 1pm - just in time to mess with the Thanksgiving weekend. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always used to have an admin morning but have let things slide during lockdown, so am trying to reclaim the better bits of my old routine.

      Good luck with the new cleaning schedule and I hope your new lockdown rules aren't too restrictive. Stay safe xx

      Delete
  4. I got my new-to-me car delivered from Carvana. Something to consider if your local lot doesn't have anything suitable.

    An admin morning sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we have anything like that in the UK. There's plenty of places locally but my mechanic friend recommended this place for starters.

      Delete
    2. The UK has cargurus, I think. At least they have a UK website: https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/coronavirus

      Delete
    3. Thanks, I'll have a look at their website.

      Delete
  5. I am glad you have a mechanic friend to help you with your car shopping. I hate car shopping!

    Sounds like a nice Friday. Wish you could send some of that rain my way! Enjoy the rest of your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, but T will help me and will also maintain it for me. I could stick with my current car but in the longer term it doesn't meet my needs. It's difficult to know what to do given the current situation isn't it?

      It's been a good Friday and I'll be off to bed soon. I'll see what I can do about the rain 🤣

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts