Tuesday

It's turning out to be a productive week with minimal effort from me. My neighbour took all of the rubbish from the garage to the skip yesterday afternoon so I have done as much as I can in sorting out the garage for now.

I didn't go to the charity shop because a bag for a kerbside collection by one of the cancer charities was posted through the door so I'm repacking my donations and that will be collected from the front of the house tomorrow. This way it is guaranteed to be taken away whereas the charity shop have the option to refuse to take it if their stocks are too high. The kerbside collection will take books so I have quite a few that can go, and I will also take the opportunity to look through my clothes and household linen and add any unwanted items to the pile.

After a couple of false starts, my Christmas preparations are coming along nicely but I won't bore you with it until December, except to say that I ordered a couple of treats yesterday and will be ordering the rest today.

The choir concert was a brilliant way to end the term. Because of the time lag between Zoom and the various computers we are all muted and can only hear M (the choir leader) so each choir member is effectively singing a duet with her although she can't hear us. It's not ideal but definitely better than no choir at all, and M is so full of personality that she never fails to make the sessions a success ... she's amazing!

Today ... I don't really know what I fancy doing. I will carry on with the meal plan and the shopping list, and also with the family tree, but apart from that it's anyone's guess. 

Comments

  1. That's so nice that your neighbor took care of all your rubbish for you and the cancer charity people will pick up your donations without you having to go out. Glad to hear that the choir concert turned out well even if you couldn't hear the others and you have made a start on ordering your Christmas treats. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, myself, especially since my daughter is planning to come down for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief that the garage rubbish has gone and house donations will go tomorrow. The concert was great - 19 songs sang in one session (we normally only work on 3 or maybe 4 in a session) and even more exciting is that Christmas music is being issued for next week 😁

      How lovely that your daughter may be able to get home for Thanksgiving. As she is working from home, would it be possible for her to stay with you until the virus situation is under control?

      Delete
  2. I'll raise my tea mug to such a good neighbour; what a sense of relief that, that task is done, ticked off the list. Perfect timing for the charity bags of donation. The Universe has heard your request for tidy & has conspired with those around you to make it happen. Today's wide open schedule, I am hoping, presents some wonderful, tickle your fancy, surprises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't wish for a better neighbour, which is just as well as my car wouldn't start today so I need to ask him to jump start it for me!

      No surprises so far today, but I live in hope!

      Delete
  3. Hoorah for good neighbours and what they are willing to do for you and the house to house charity collection coming together in the same week. A great help for you both mentally and physically. Enjoy your rest day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really lucky, the way it's all worked out.

      Delete
  4. The choir sounds like a blessing in these days, and the idea of getting a few new things sounds like a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weekly choir practice has played an important part in how I've coped in these strange times.

      Treats are always a good idea, I find 🤣🤣

      Delete
  5. Gosh you're so organised Eileen, puts me to shame. I make 'to do' lists but often have a carry over page for several days. And you're already thinking of Christmas, I have looked at Charity cards on line and bought my husband a book, do I've kind of thought about it.. take care and what a lovely neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to organising Christmas early because in previous years I have been completely rushed off my feet during December with all the Christmas music performances. If Christmas wasn't organised by the end of November, it was unlikely to happen!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts