Saturday

I have to be at home between 1pm & 5pm for the supermarket delivery but have nothing arranged for either side of those times so will make the effort to go out. I've had an idea for a still life photo project bubbling away at the back of my mind for some time so I will at least go out to get some of the things I need for that even if I don't get time to actually take the photos today. I'm testing the waters to see if I want to resume the photography degree I put on hold when I was told that Ced was at end of life. I feel that, now the decluttering is all but completed I need something else to get stuck in to and this fits the bill. My reason for hesitating on this is that it's something I shared with Ced - we used to chat about my photos and come up with ideas together, but of course that can't happen now, and I'm not sure whether I want to continue alone.

Anyway, I need some suitable materials for backgrounds so will buy one or two of the big black shiny floor tiles, and also a selection of fat quarters, hopefully in muted colours. I can walk to Wickes (DIY store about 20 minutes walk from home) for the tiles so am counting that as multitasking as it'll be part of my daily exercise as well! I will have to drive to town for the fat quarters, which isn't ideal on a Saturday but the fabric shop is just off the town centre so that street shouldn't be too busy. If it is, then I'll wait and buy the fabric next week.

I also want to pick up some seasonal things, like berries, conkers, leaves, and acorns which is a bit more weather dependent and I'm not sure what the forecast is for today so that may be a task for next week instead.

Apart from the photo stuff and the food delivery, I want to watch the new Sarah Cox show 'Between the Covers' where celebrities discuss their favourite books. I'll have to watch it on iPlayer as I missed it last night but am hoping for some recommendations. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like some good plans for Saturday. You already take some lovely photographs and your love for it comes through in each photograph you take; I hope you will be able to decide if you want to continue pursuing the degree. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Bless. It's a big decision to make as there are lots of memories of time with Ced associated with the degree process (based on the work I did before) and I'm unsure whether it'll be the right thing for me emotionally at this time.

      Delete
  2. Your new photo project sounds interesting, I shall keep an eye out for it - maybe join you when I'm closer x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be great Joy. I'm hoping we can also fit in some photo walks once you've settled in. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts