Wednesday

I have written a list! I have to go to town after lunch to collect my new glasses so will take the opportunity to pick up the rest of the things I need and quite a few other things that I want ... it feels like the right time for a few treats.

I'll start off in one of the Retail Parks to shop in Home Bargains and B&M to pick up some odds and ends of foodstuffs, cleaning products and toiletries, and then have a look in Matalan for some new winter woolies. I don't really 'need' any new clothes, especially as I'm not going out anywhere at present, but I fancy having some baggy jumpers or cardigans to wear with leggings or trousers around the house. Oh, I'll need to buy some leggings or trousers as well! And maybe a new jacket!

Back in the town centre I'll have a look in W H Smiths and Waterstones to top up on stationery, magazines and books, and have a look at the A4 binders and box files to see what'll work best for filing the ever growing pile of family tree certificates, newspaper cuttings etc. I also want to buy some more jigsaws puzzles for the winter months but that may need to be an online purchase as I don't think there'll be much choice in town.

My opticians is right next door to Waterstones so once I have collected my glasses I'll walk through the precinct to the café where J should be waiting and the plan is to have coffee (and cake 😁) and spend an hour or so having a natter and a laugh. Afterwards, on the way back to the car, I'll pop into Iceland to buy some things to top up the freezer. Then I just have to call in to the farm shop on the way home to buy some eggs, and I will have completed my list!

I had a long chat with L last night and will be meeting up with her one day next week, once the weather improves.

I didn't get round to dealing with the photo issue yesterday so hope to deal with that this morning. I can load the photos taken on my phone to Blogger which can be uploaded directly from the phone. It's the photos taken on my camera which I am having problems with, which have to be uploaded to Blogger from my laptop. It'll probably be something obvious but if I can't see what it is, I'll give in and ask my nephew for help.

It's supposed to stay dry today so if all goes well I may go for an early evening walk along the canal. The clocks change soon so there won't be many more evening walks along the towpath this year.

Comments

  1. You will be OK as long as you remember to take the list!!
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that many times - written a list and then forgotten to take it with me. I remembered it today though!

      Delete
  2. Goodness! Quite an adventure by today’s standards,! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to get out of the house and do something different for a change.

      Delete
  3. That is quite a list of things to get accomplished on your shopping trip, fingers crossed you can get everything you need and/or want in this trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No luck with the clothes but I got everything I needed.

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    Always very well planned! This is good, as it makes the most of your time.
    I also need to buy warm leggings and sweaters to use in the winter at home, because mine are very used.
    I don't dare make the shirts, because I have no way.
    Good walk right at night. The days are getting smaller and smaller.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like any of the sweaters so need to look online instead. I enjoyed my walk along the canal.

      Delete
  5. Yes, an adventure! You have a busy time planned. Sounds like fun :) These days even simple errands sound like fun lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who'd have thought that I'd get to the stage where a shopping trip is the highlight of my week! I did enjoy myself though.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a busy day of shopping and errands! I hope you are able to find all what you need and, at least some of what you want! Enjoy your coffee and cake with J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to get everything I needed but will have to look for the 'wants' online ... I didn't really like the colours of the jumpers. In the end we had lunch - I had jacket potato, cheese and beans, and my friend has chicken wraps and salad. We'll have the cake another time.

      Delete
  7. That is quite the full agenda, you'd better make a list! I hope it all went spendidly and you brought home some new treasures as well as necessities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to get it all done in one visit but no such luck. I bought everything I needed to restock the cupboards and freezer but didn't get clothes or books. I'm going to order those online now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts