Thursday

The family tree won out yesterday. I've finished the presentation to the stage where it contains all the details of the people I want to talk about and now I am adding additional information in anticipation of some of the questions I think (know!!) will be asked. I don't want the presentation to be highjacked by certain family members who will certainly affect the pace of the presentation, expecting me to stop while he/she works out where a village is in relation to our home town, or whether someone is the correct age, or how a person is related to us. So I now need to include a simplified map, add everyone's age (not just dates) and detail the relationship to myself. It's probably another day's work but entirely worth it!

I'll carry on with it today and get it finished. Yesterday I was so focused on what I was doing that the day passed in a flash and I'm sure today will be the same. It's made me realise, although I knew it already, that I need to find something else to do that keeps my interest as much as this does. Family and friends have always had me marked out as 'that person' who, as soon as they retire, studies for a different A level every year and although it's tempting, I'm not sure that it's the right choice at present. I'm already learning Italian (which is progressing much better than expected 😁) and am also working at improving my standard of playing on the piano, but I can see that I need something else as well. Even if I decide to resume the photography degree it's completely practical so doesn't make me use my brain in the same way that, for example, an A level in a previously unstudied subject would. I need to give it some thought.

Comments

  1. This sounds so interesting and I'm sure you're right - you need that type of challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought learning Italian would be enough but it seems not, so I need to put my thinking cap on!

      Delete
  2. You are putting so much thought and effort into this presentation! I know your family is in for a treat! I, too, think you are right and need to find something that will keep you absorbed and challenged. I hope you find that something. Maybe you should write a book, maybe about one of the ancestors in your family tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I have a book in me! And I'm not sure that I want anyone to know I'm related to some of my ancestors!!

      Delete
  3. You have a love of learning, so I'm sure something will catch your mind to settle on. Your presentation to the family sounds like it's going to be of the quality of a movie! I want to see it, so I'm digging on my father's mother's side of the family & I think I've found a family link between us so I can be included, I promise to ask no questions ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite a movie, but I hope the others will enjoy it. Hmmm, I haven't found any links ... are you absolutely sure? 😂😂

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    I greatly admire your willpower and prove the success you are having with your research and studies!
    My congratulations!
    Continues.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. I've really enjoyed the research on the family tree and it's the sort of thing that it's almost impossible to say it is complete so I have a hobby for life!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts