Me on Monday

Me on Monday is ...

... looking forward to meeting up with L this afternoon. We're supposed to be going to the local Animal Park (so I can take some photos for my monthly challenge) but it's forecast to rain on and off all day, so we'll meet up and then make a decision on what to do. 

I'm also looking forward to choir practice this evening as we are starting a mammoth sing through of our entire lockdown repertoire ... should be fun! That's followed by 'Who Do You Think You Are', starting with Jodie Whittaker's family story. 

... wanting to borrow some non fiction books from the library. The ones I want are in the system but not at my local branch so I'll need to reserve them.

... considering a visit to the Wiltshire Records Office in Chippenham. I want to follow up on an event for one of my ancestors but am not sure whether there is now a restriction on documents the public can access. I'd also like to look through some of their old photos but again, I don't know if they are restricting access to their collection. I need to phone them and find out exactly how, if at all, their Covid precautions will impact on the documents I want to access.

... wondering when the fruit trees and nut bush will arrive. The order confirmation stated that delivery will be in October but I haven't received notification of despatch yet. I may be getting excited about it though! 

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are having quite a few things to do and look forward to this week! Starting with the visit to the animal park! I hope the weather cooperates and you will be able to visit the park. Have fun at the choir practice, too. Sounds like a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it's now raining so the animal park visit will be rescheduled and we're meeting for lunch instead.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a great week. Hoping everything goes well and according to plan.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm attempting to be out of the house more while it's still possible.

      Delete
  3. The trip to the records office sounds interesting. I hope you will be able to access what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've emailed and am waiting for them to get back to me, so fingers are crossed.

      Delete
  4. Let's hope you can get some access to family records. A trip out to the animal park could be such a fun time, nice to have adventures to look forward to while the weather holds - to quote Ned Stark "winter is coming"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We changed plans and went for a meal instead. The forecast is better for next week so we'll try the animal park then.

      I'm waiting to hear back from the Records Office.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts