Wednesday

Yesterday is over and done with! It wasn't too bad a day as days go, but everything needed more effort than it should have done and all I really wanted to do was sleep. I did get the shredding completed between naps and it's in the wheelie bin ready for the kerbside collection today.

Today I'm waiting in for a friend who's due to arrive mid morning to store some things in the garage, and then I'd like to go for a drive round. It's supposed to rain on and off, so not the best day for walking but there are plenty of places to park up and simply enjoy the scenery. On the way home I'll do a bit of food shopping. I need eggs and fruit, but would also like a three cheese loaf if the smaller Tesco has one - I don't want to go to the big superstore - and I think a few edible treats will help cheer me up. 

Today's tasks are to get some recently received paperwork filed away, and then work on the family tree - either continuing in my attempts to find an elusive sibling of my grandfather, or I have a few emails to send to various Records Offices around the country, requesting information that's not available online.

Comments

  1. Going back to the subject of Royal Mail collecting parcels from a few weeks ago, I saw this article and thought of you Eileen. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54614871. They are starting a collection service for 72p per parcel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this Amanda. That's a reasonable price and is a service I will try out ... just for the convenience.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you really needed some extra rest and sleep, yesterday. I hope you are able to enjoy a drive and do your shopping, afterwards. Edible treats always cheer me up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much the same today. It's a symptom of the depression so I'll just go with the flow and sleep when I need to during the day. I've done my shopping but I think the drive round may be off - the flood signs are up in the village so better safe than sorry. I'm quite surprised as we haven't had that much rain but one road is closed already. I'm quite happy to stay at home with my treats!

      Delete
  3. A drive in the rain can be a pleasant thing, especially if it keeps other road users off! Wishing you successful hunting.
    And I totally agree about the edible treats.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not bothering with the drive (see my response to Bless above) but have braved the weather and bought my treats so am quite happy to have a day in the dry.

      Delete
  4. I wonder if the change in seasons affects us more than we know & not just in mood but in body & maybe that's why yesterday you needed more rest. A change in scene is such a good thing during these days. Oh yum to 3 cheese loaf, I'm craving pretzel buns for my lunch sandwich but so few bakeries make these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get affected by the seasonal change but usually not until January/February and then it is just a lack of energy rather than the familiar depression. I grabbed the last cheese loaf so am a happy bunny! I've never had pretzel buns so will look out for them over here.

      Delete
  5. A day off aka as a busy doing nothing day does us good now and again.
    So if you’ve done everything you planned then (as my mother would say) make a cup of tea, sit your bum down and relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm spending the afternoon on the family tree. A certificate I ordered arrived in the post so I am able to continue with some research on my grandfather's family

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts