M was here for five hours yesterday and we got loads done ... I say 'we' because I helped out and just generally got in the way!
The bulbs have been lifted from the terracotta pots and the new plants have taken their place. Two of the three lavenders growing in the front garden have now been moved to the back garden - they're old plants and getting quite woody but for this year those two are in pots in the back garden. The third is in the green bin!
There has been lots of weeding and general tidying up, but best of all, we managed to move the bulk bag of topsoil into the garage and drag the bulk bag of gravel round to the front where it's been dumped on the garden for now. The front still needs a bit of a tidy up but it looks fine for now.
I'm really pleased with how it's looking, bearing in mind that the plants still have a lot of growing, flowering and looking pretty to do. There are a couple of places where it's a case of the right plant in the wrong place so I think there will be a bit of a swap around when they've finished flowering.
We discussed what else is needed for summer colour so another garden centre visit is imminent. I want to buy some more of the red pots while they are still available and while I'm there will also get some more annuals to go on top of the pots that are already planted up with spring bulbs, so probably some more lobelia if they have any.
So the plans are that in her next visit M will plant up any annuals I buy and continue with the weeding, and the following visit will make a start on the patio itself. It needs to be power washed to start with and then the grouting replaced in places. I have to order the new water butt and get that installed, and also ask my nephew for help with running a hose round from the tap on the front wall of the house.