A Successful Day!

The photo group was another success. The two new members fitted in well and both of them have a very good sense of humour so they added more than their presence to the group chat. I really enjoyed the session. The words for yesterday's meet in Trowbridge Park were floral, steps, inscription, looking down, curve, beginning with B, uniform, tiny, green, and texture. Here's my efforts ...

floral - part of the display in the sensory garden

steps - leading to the sensory garden

inscription - commemorating a local event

looking down - the reflection of branches in a puddle

curve - a stack of chairs

beginning with B - a brick wall

uniform - the WWI soldier on the war memorial

tiny - tiny blades of grass next to my shoe (for contrasting size - I struggled with this one!)

green - the grass in the park

texture - close up of a tree trunk

The piano lesson with the new teacher went really well. We chatted about what I want to achieve and have come up with a workable plan, i.e. following the grading syllabus by learning the scales and a selection of pieces for each grade but not actually taking the exams, and at the same time working on music I like that's at a similar standard. I think she's the teacher for me because when I said that I love musicals she pulled her favourite book out of her bag ... '100 songs from Musicals' ... she's a kindred spirit! This week's practice is 'Drink With Me' from Les Misérables and 'Sailing' by Gavin Sutherland (the Rod Stewart song). I have to take a selection of the grade music I have at home to the next lesson so she can pick a graded classical piece for me to start working on. It's going to be fun!

When I'd finished my lesson I bumped into one of the girls I used to teach at the youth band so, while she went off to her guitar lesson, I had a long chat with her mum who's the current chair of the band. I haven't seen her since I left the band so it was good to catch up. 

Today is an 'at home' day although if I feel energetic enough I may go for a walk along the canal later in the day ... that depends on the weather though as we are promised rain again. Before that I am seeing Joy for a flying visit and then I have to do some washing ... I'm running out of things to wear! Now the social side of life is picking up I desperately need to buy some more clothes but am second guessing myself ... if I'm trying to lose weight, do I want to buy more clothes at my current size or do I wait until I've dropped to the next size down? 

Comments

  1. You took some excellent photos for the prompts and I'm so pleased that your group is a success. I like the reflections of the branches in the puddle and the curve of the chairs.
    I'm so glad you're pleased with your new piano teacher and the lesson went well.
    As for clothes I have a wardrobe full of smaller sizes that I hope to fit into again one day but I don't have your determination to lose weight and I can't bring myself to get rid of them. It's difficult not knowing what to do for the best xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves yesterday and I'm pleased with how it's all going.

      The time passed really quickly in the lesson which is always a good sign. I think I'll be able to learn a lot from her.

      The clothes issue is difficult. I cleared out all the clothes I don't/won't wear so all I have now are the clothes that fit my current size. Of course I am being optimistic that I will be able to lose weight easily. Maybe that won't be the case and if that's what happens I can do what Bless suggests and choose items that'll work for both sizes. xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day! You found some excellent things to photograph for each prompt! Seems like you'll get along well with the new piano teacher!
    If I were you, I'd buy a couple of new items of clothing for the size I am currently at because I need those clothes for immediate wear. Maybe something that can be made smaller if needed - a skirt with an elastic waist, for example, or a blouse than can be worn with a belt if it gets too big. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day and both photography and piano worked out as well, if not better, than I was hoping for.

      I like your suggestion. It sort of solves my problem so will have a look a see what's available. Thanks Bless. xx

      Delete
  3. What a good day. Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, it was a very good day xx

      Delete
  4. Is that a naughty comma on the inscription? Lovely photos - I must do something similar as a personal challenge; give myself some headings and go out. Such a good idea.

    I'm so glad the piano lesson went well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is but can't really tell from the photo as the comma doesn't look 'white' enough compared to the other letters. I'll check next time I'm in the park.

      I like the challenge of these sort of photos. Why not join in with my monthly photo challenge where you have all month to find photos to fit a certain theme. The new theme starts on April 1st and will be announced next week. Would love to have you join us. xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like another successful photo walk about. I like your photo of the steps leading to the garden. Yeah to a kindred spirit for piano lessons, that will help make the investment into lessons a joy of learning new skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was successful and the others said they enjoyed it. The step lead into the sensory garden, formerly the garden of the Town Hall, but the gates are now kept locked and you have to enter the garden from the side gate. It's a shame as it would be lovely to see them open again.

      I'm really chuffed about the new piano teacher and that she is on board about the music I want to be able to play. xx

      Delete
  6. You take very good photos, my 2 favourites are the white bells and the reflection of the branches. The photo group sounds fun. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. The photo group is fun. It's always good to spend time with like minded people and I'm happy with how things are turning out. xx

      Delete
  7. Interested photos - that reflection in the pond threw me for a loop at first, there was something disjointed about it as I had not read the description before taking in the photo. Excellent snapshots all around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts