Photo Group and Piano Lessons

raindrops on tulip
 

After a lovely restful day yesterday, today is going to be much busier ... but sociable and fun!

This morning it's the second meeting for my U3A photo group. I was a bit anxious about the weather but the forecast suggests that the rain will hold off until the afternoon so we should be okay. We'll be taking our photos in Trowbridge Park but have the option of one of the churches or the museum if the forecast is wrong. There are two new members joining us so there'll be six of us today with one more person joining us next month, which is about as big as I want the group to be so that it won't be too difficult to seat us all together in a café for the second half of the session. I know other people are interested so I'll look at my calendar and see when/if I can fit in another group.

As well as fitting in another photo group, I am seriously considering running two more groups. Both will be once a month for two hours, one being a Scrabble group and the other a 'proper' photography group and both groups will benefit me, providing the opportunity to enjoy something that I love doing with like minded people. I'll definitely start the Scrabble group if there is enough interest but am still debating with myself about the photography one ... I'm still thinking about how to organise it and also whether it leaves me enough time to find the photos I need for my other photo challenges. I was also sounded out yesterday about taking over the chairman role but that's a definite no! 

This afternoon it's my first lesson with the new piano teacher. It's a double session to make up for one of the lessons I've paid for but missed, so it shouldn't be rushed and I should have more time to discuss the 'plan'. I've given some serious thought to what I want to get out of these lessons and the sort of music I want to be able to play. I certainly don't want to do exams ... never say never but definitely not yet ... so want to understand how the new teacher handles the development of skills etc. I'm looking forward to meeting her and to the actual lesson and am feeling positive about it all. 

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful day it sounds like it will be very enjoyable. What an honour to be considered suitable for the chairman role even though you declined, you've fitted in well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I've had a good day, really enjoyed myself and am pleasantly tired now. It was nice to be asked but I don't want to get back to a world of meetings, phone calls, and emails ... I'm just enjoying meeting new people and making new friends! xx

      Delete
  2. I love that you consider things so carefully so you know what your hopes and expectations are. Hoping it all goes really well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gone really well thanks Joy. I think I've found a kindred spirit in my new piano teacher. xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun and exciting day with both photography and piano lessons to look forward to! I hope the weather turns out to be nice for the photography session and the first piano lesson with the new teacher works out well, too. I also hope that the new groups you will be leading will be fun and enjoyable. You are going to be a busy lady in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky and the rain held off for the photography. Both the photography and the piano lesson were good fun and I'll get on well with the new piano teacher, I think. The potential new groups still need some thought as I really do not want to overload myself. There's a difference between going to a group and organising a group so I have to decide what I want to do. xx

      Delete
  4. Enjoying all your raindrops on flowers photo. I am sure when you add more photo groups to your schedule they will fill up as quickly as the photo walks do. Your scrabble in person group will probably also be a hit as online scrabble is popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've like the raindrop photos. People seem to be keen on the idea of the new groups but I am still hesitating and what to make sure it's something I really want to do. I think the scrabble one is more likely than the photography one. xx

      Delete
  5. HI Eileen,
    I wish you success for your groups and that you get the most out of your participation.
    As for my senior university classes, I am simply a student trying to learn and have fun.
    The tulip photo is spetacular!
    Have a nice day.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. I hope you're enjoying your return to studying and wich you every success. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts