Weekly Reflections

the pieris is covered in flowers!

Reasons to be cheerful ...
  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • enjoying this week's personal training session ... only one more until Amy starts her maternity leave
  • re-watching the Harry Potter films ... two more to go 
  • loving a video my sister sent me of Little Man playing shops with his Dad 
  • continuing to read voraciously 
  • enjoying the new growth and the bursts of colour in the garden
  • trying a new-to-me U3A group and enjoying the talk on the Princes in the Tower
  • buying new jeans and a denim skirt ... useful additions to my wardrobe
  • playing Canasta on Monday afternoon ... always a good laugh
  • making decisions about the next lot of decluttering ... no action taken yet but I'm pleased (relieved!) that I have reached the stage where I feel able to let these things go

I am grateful ...
  • for a regular supply of books from my sister ... she phoned to say she has another bag full for me!
  • for working appliances and a warm home
  • for more offers of help
 


Comments

  1. Your pieris looks great with all those flowers!
    You've had another lovely week, full of lots of things to be cheerful about and thankful for.
    I hope your trip to London goes well and you have a good time. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's done really well and has held on to all it's flowers despite the snow. It's late flowering though.

      London was lovely and I really enjoyed myself thanks xx

      Delete
  2. All those lovely buds on your pieris plant and you sound very content. Hope you have a very enjoyable trip to London today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel very content, thanks Eileen. Life feels very good at the moment and I seem to have found a balance of activities that suits me. London was great. xx

      Delete
  3. What a pretty plant. I will be interested to see which area you are decluttering next. This week I discovered I had 5 dressing gowns and three indoor hoodies. 2 dressing gowns gone already, one had a hole in so that's cloths for cleaning the shower rooms and the other has marks on it despite only being worn once, white, what was I thinking of? This week after decluttering my paper crafting things over time, I am now on to organising them. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking to declutter some of the stuff in the garage, so nothing exciting.

      Well done on sorting through your clothes, that's a job well done.

      I quite like the organising after decluttering, so hope it goes well for you. xx

      Delete
  4. It looks absolutely beautiful. Isn't it nice to see some colour out in our world again. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. I have purple crocuses, yellow daffodils and pink tulips all coming into flower. xx

      Delete
  5. Your pieris seems to have survived & thrived during the recent snow & cold - yeah! Lots of wonderful things to be grateful & cheerful about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's late flowering but I'm so glad that it survived what the weather has thrown at it this year. Life feels good at the moment, thanks Mary-Lou. xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely list. The plant looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. It's really come on in the past year and is obviously happy with it's new location as it's covered in flowers ... the most I've ever seen on it. xx

      Delete
  7. Such pretty blooms. And you've reminded me that I never finished watching the HP movies, I think I am about half way through.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts