Wednesday

midway through a game of canasta on Monday
 

Apologies for the lack of a post yesterday. I'd completely forgotten that the electricity was scheduled to be off for most of the day and by the time power was restored I was ready for bed. There was nothing in the diary for yesterday and I had half a plan to shop and make a start on the batch cooking, but that idea was abandoned when I realised there was no power. So I spend most of the day reading and retired to bed very early, just to warm up. 

Today, again there is nothing in the diary so I am devoting the day, well at least the morning, to some housework. Some of the cupboards could do with tidying and I hope to get my bedroom ones and the airing cupboard sorted out today and also hoover all of the bedrooms and landing carpets. There is more that needs doing but I am trying to pace myself and have easier days, and I don't want to overdo things this week as I am off to London on Sunday so don't want to be too tired to enjoy myself!

Comments

  1. Something nice for you to look forward too. Wise to take it easy in preparation for your trip, have a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It's just an overnight stay this time. I have booked a ticket to see a show. xx

      Delete
  2. Did that mean no heat either? Brrrrr.
    Good luck with the housework but I agree, you don't want to get too weary. I guess you're still not 100% so take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left the heating on overnight so the house stayed warm as I knew I'd be without heating for most of the day. That plus blanket and oodie and I was fine.

      No, still not 100% yet. It's taking ages to get over whatever it was. xx

      Delete
  3. Conserve your energy, the cupboards can wait, you need to enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left the upstairs cupboards but did tackle the last one in the kitchen so at least that's done and out of the way. It's just an overnight stay so won't be as exhausting as it was last time. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh a trip to London sounds exciting & definitely something to look forward to. This trip I am sure is all pleasure this time around. Housework is one of those things with such brief feelings of reward, it all has to start again the next day (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's all pleasure ... seeing the 'for one day only' revival of Once the musical. I'm really looking forward to it. xx

      Delete
  5. Here in my neck of the woods, they happen, and like you we do the best we can dealing with them .In my 25 year experience here, they happen several times a year, from an few hours to a few days when really bad, (once bad one this year.) How often do they happen for you and how long can they last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the power cut? This was a scheduled one, so something that rarely happens and can't remember why it was necessary. Unscheduled power cuts happen occasionally, not that often. Maybe once or twice a year, if that. They don't last too long, anything from a few minutes to a couple of hours. xx

      Delete
  6. Sorry, I'm a couple of days behind with reading blogs. I'm glad the lack of a post the previous day was not due to ill health; I had noticed it and had wondered. Sorry you were without heat and power, but, sounds like you managed to keep warm for the most part. Take it easy with the housework. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just seem to be a bit disorganised lately. I knew it was happening but forgot to mention it! My oodie earned its keep and together with a blanket and the retained heat from leaving the heating on overnight kept me warm enough. I've decided I must be allergic to housework!! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts