New Phone Day!

 

the March choice for the book group

I did very little yesterday. I slept on and off for most of the day and when I was awake I chose to read, finishing off  'A Conspiracy of Bones' by Kathy Reichs. I'll start the book group choice today. I can't remember reading any of her books before so don't know what to expect, but it's set during the English Civil War which is a period of history that interests me so hopefully there will be lots of interesting titbits woven into the story.

I tell a lie! When I was awake I didn't just read ... I also managed to break my phone so, as I don't have a landline, I need to replace it as a matter of urgency. Although I really wanted to stay at home today I will have to venture into town to choose a new mobile. In a way it's quite good timing as my contract with O2 finished this month so I will take the opportunity to switch to Tesco and upgrade my phone while reducing my monthly charge. Tesco uses O2's network so I should get the same quality of service as well as Clubcard points and a much better phone. The phone was on its last legs anyway so at least it has forced me to get on and make a decision. 

Today is the tenth anniversary of losing Ced. I can't believe it's been that long, sometimes it just feels like it happened yesterday. I don't tend to do anything special to mark the day as I prefer to do that on his birthday when I can celebrate the fact that he was born and I was lucky enough to know him. So for today I'll pick up some treats while I'm in Tesco and start a re-run of the Harry Potter films ... just a cosy day at home doing something I know I'll enjoy. 

Comments

  1. Sending a hug to you on this sad anniversary. I hope you find the perfect phone today and choose yourself some nice treats and enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed to EE and got a good sim only deal, which then got me discount on my internet, and another discount when hubby went sim only with them. The new phone is never the latest model, but still expensive, but the overall savings are worth the initial outlay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((HUGS))) I hope you have a peaceful day, today (once you've bought your new phone!) I'm glad you plan on getting some treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you good wishes and a big hug Eileen. Anniversaries are difficult days sometimes I hope that today is okay. Happy memories of a good man will add some comfort, I hope xx.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts