Creative Yarn Day!

taken last night
 

I had a very quiet day yesterday which was just as well as I was very achy from my personal training session on Monday and both knees were protesting. I spent most of the day reading then did a bit of crocheting with a break early afternoon when G turned up to cut my hair. She has been dieting and has lost enough weight for it to show ... she looks amazing.

It's the second meeting of the Creative Yarn group this morning. Last time it was great fun, but complete chaos, so I'm wondering what it'll be like this time! We're carrying on with granny squares and will be shown how to change colours, and will also have a look at magic rings and amigurumi. We have the option to take our own work if we want so I will take my giant granny square blanket and do some more work on that ... not that it's meeting the 'giant' part of the description yet as I haven't done enough rounds but it's growing slowly. I am enjoying it and think that my crocheting efforts are improving now I am better at keeping a more even tension. I still haven't settled on a good way to hold the wool in my left hand yet, though I am assured that that will come in time.

The Mad March Mile starts today. The 'mile' has to be in addition to my normal daily exercise so I'll do my usual walk first thing before the Creative Yarn group and then my extra mile when I get home.

That's all I have in the diary for today so it'll be a quiet afternoon at home ... piano practice without fail and then probably some more reading.

Comments

  1. I hope you have fun at the Creative Group although I have no idea what magic rings and amigurumi are, you are doing well with your crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great and I enjoyed the session. Magic rings are a way of starting a crochet project that's worked in the round and amigurumi is explained here ..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amigurumi

      I'm enjoying the crochet so am glad I gave it a go. xx

      Delete
  2. I hope today's yarn group session will be equally fun but a little less chaotic! My daughter mastered the magic ring and loves doing amigurumi. She tried to teach me how to do the magic ring, but, I can't seem to get the hang of it! I hope you will be able to walk your mile and your knees don't protest too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and mostly less chaotic! I don't think I'll be trying the amigurumi for a while yet but it might be fun to try it in the future.

      I did my extra mile at home and am happy to report that my knees manged just fine! xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you are enjoying your granny square, it's good to get something finished, I found ripples and Tunisian crochet good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene. I like the look of the Tunisian crochet so may try that when I finish my granny square blanket. xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you are making progress with your giant granny square throw. Amigurumi sounds like a HP spell (col). Maybe today's yarn group will have less participants as some may have decided not the group for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. There were only two missing from the group, both because of illness, but everyone else was back for a second go. It's a nice group of people, very chatty and good fun to be with. xx

      Delete
  5. I hope that the Creative Yarn meeting is full of good fun. I'm sure that it will be great to grow the blanket in company. Sending hugs for the sore knees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Lyssa ... lots of laughter in today's session. We were all working on our own projects today so it was nice to see what the others are doing. My knees are fine now, thankfully! xx

      Delete
  6. Magic rings are brilliant. I only recently discovered them and always use them now (when appropriate). And yes, you will sort out how you want to hold the yarn in time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holding the yarn is getting easier. I looked around the room and noticed that we are all holding our hooks and the wool differently, so four completely different styles. Realising that, I'm no longer trying to conform to the 'accepted' way and will relax more about letting my own way develop.

      I have put magic rings on the back burner and am sticking to my granny square blanket for now but I would like to have a go at the amigurumi in the future. xx

      Delete
  7. I hope you had fun at the creative Yarn meeting. It sounds like a fun group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it thanks Sharon. It is a fun way to spend a couple of hours! xx

      Delete
  8. I think the idea of Mad March Mile is splendid. And kudos to your friend on her weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MMM is a great idea. It's easy to fit in my day and the online support group is great. G is doing brilliantly... I need to follow her example! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts