List Making and Organising!

I noticed this sign at the music school yesterday ... it made me laugh!
 

M arrived as promised yesterday and started tidying up the garden. I won't say too much here as there will be a garden post tomorrow and I don't want to repeat myself, but I will say that it looked so much better when she had finished.

I also managed to sort out a new day and timeslot for weekly piano lessons. It was much easier than I thought it would be, especially as there are four lessons still outstanding. So my new teacher will be Lily and lessons will be on a Wednesday afternoon at 3 pm, which suits me fine as, although I'm busy on a couple of Wednesday mornings every month, I will still have plenty of time for lunch etc. without needing to rush around. For the next four weeks I'll have one hour lessons to make up for the outstanding lessons and on week five will revert to a 30 minute lesson. It's a shame I can't stay with Joe but I'm sure I'll get on just as well with Lily and I do have the option to revert back to lessons with Joe on a Saturday if I want to and if he has any spare lesson slots. 

Today is all about list making and organising the next batch of items to be decluttered. The list making is the easiest and is one list of ideas for breakfasts to discuss with Amy on Monday, and then a list of the camera equipment I have that I want to sell. Neither of these should take too long to do, especially the breakfast one with all your suggestions and Joy's list on her blog. Organising the decluttering on the other hand will take a lot longer and I may not finish today. Most of it is in the garage and includes things like studio lighting, car radiator grills, various tripods, and engineering 'stuff'. I need to clear some floor space before I can start as I want to photograph every item ... this is the bit that'll take longer than I am expecting ... but once I've photographed everything I can contact various companies to ask whether they are interested in buying etc. It will be good to get this all sold and out of the way.

If I have time I need to start printing out some recipes for my next lot of batch cooking. I want to work out the calories for each recipe so I can mark up the portions as I freeze them, and then organise the freezer so that meals with similar calories are stored together. This was H's suggestion, but it makes sense to me and doing it up front will save time in the long run, and should help me to stay in control of how much I'm eating ... that's the plan, anyway!

Comments

  1. That parking sign is too funny! :D Glad you got the piano lessons sorted out. I hope that Lily's teaching style will suit you as much as Joe's did. :)
    Sounds like you have a busy day planned! I like the idea of list making! I should make some lists and get started on a few things, myself. I've been in a bit of a mood this week over something that happened during the weekend, but, I need to put that behind me and salvage what I can of the week!
    Good luck with your list making and meal planning, etc. :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I can't see any reason why I won't get on with Lily so I'm positive that things are going to work out well.

      I've finished listing the camera equipment but haven't ventured out to the garage yet so I'm behind my target, but that always happens!

      I hope the 'something that happened' wasn't bad news and that you are able to put it behind you, and can enjoy a good week. xx

      Delete
  2. The sign made me chuckle too :) i hope your change of piano teacher works out well for you. Your decluttering plans sound good and it will be a relief for you once all your items are photographed and sold. That's definitely an interesting plan for cooking and freezing meals with a similar calorie content and sounds like you are a very determined lady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I'm hopeful that the new teacher will work out fine ... I need to do some proper practice before Wednesday now!

      I've made a start on the decluttering, mainly listing everything for now so I know how much I have to deal with. I plan to tackle the camera equipment first as that will create more space in the house.

      I thought H's approach to the calorie content and freezing similar together was a good idea. It turns around what I've always done, i.e. work out the calories after the meal is eaten, whereas H's approach should make it easier to stick to the daily calorie allowance. I've had so many false starts about losing weight that I'm determined to do better with this attempt! xx

      Delete
  3. That sign is so funny. It certainly made me laugh! You sound really organised. I really struggle with it. I do well when I make lists, but I get distracted and forget to make them lol. I didn't do too bad this week. Slacked off a bit at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I haven't noticed the sign before, but it did make me laugh.

      I feel organised with my lists but still need to push myself to carry on and do the work, which I don't always manage. I'm a work in progress! xx

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love that sign - brilliant.
    I'm a bit late commenting (sorry) but I hope everything has worked out positively!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Joy. The sign is great isn't it? xx

      Delete
  5. I need to do some batch cooking of my own. I stocked up on chicken breasts at the store when I did my Easter meal shopping, so today those need to be cooked up. I doubt I will be taking the time to do the calorie calculations, but I admire your attention to detail and will probably envy your organized freezer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts