Thursday

an almost in focus daffodil!
 

Creative Yarn group was a lot calmer yesterday. Still good fun, but a lot calmer! Everyone chose what they wanted to continue with so four of us carried on with crochet projects and the other brought their knitting. One lady brought a knitting project she hadn't worked on for ages, years as it turned out, and when she sorted through her bag to see what's what she found a bottle of out of date vitamins and one of her bras. We all collapsed! It's a lovely, friendly group and something to look forward to once a month. Oh, and there were chocolate biccies as well.

I picked up a few bits of shopping on the way home, had some lunch followed by a short nap and then focused on sorting out my budget. I've received notification of pension increases and new tax codes which take effect in April so I've been able to work about a sensible budget taking into account the expected increased costs for gas and electricity. I have allowed an amount to pay for a cleaner twice a month (based on what friends have been paying) so now I need to get on and arrange for some quotes. Assuming I'm not too far out with my calculations, I should be getting a cleaner soon ... which cheers me up.

I'm meeting J for brunch this morning, meeting earlier than usual as she has to leave by 1pm at the latest for her weekly Grandma duties. I plan to potter round the shops afterwards as I still have Christmas and birthday tokens to spend. I'd like to get a couple of cookbooks, maybe a new puzzle book or two, and I need a new and smaller handbag though I'm not sure how much choice there will be for that in Trowbridge. Then it's back home for a relaxing afternoon and evening with my nose stuck in a book. 

Comments

  1. The Creative Yarn Group does sound fun and too funny the lady finding a bra in her bag, you do have to wonder :) I'm glad your budget will stretch to having a cleaner that will take a lot of pressure off you. Enjoy brunch and your shopping spree today I hope you find what you're looking for xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely bunch of people in the creative yarn group, all like a laugh. I dread to think why the bra was in her craft bag!

      Brunch was good but didn't have much luck with the shopping ... couldn't find a handbag I liked so will need to look online or go to Bath. xx

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of your group - a real laugh from start to finish as well as the crafting.
    It will be great to have some cleaning help. I could do without mine if I really had to but I'd much rather not! Knowing they are coming makes me keep my place a lot tidier than I otherwise might too.
    Have a lovely and successful day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This branch of the U3A is working out well for me ... lots of like-minded people who like a laugh.

      I need to get organised and arrange for some quotes re. the cleaner. It will make a huge difference to me.

      Hope you have a good day too xx

      Delete
  3. That's all too funny about the bra in the knitting bag ... her last knitting session must have been one heck of a time. Fingers crossed that you an find a cleaner soon. Hope your outing is lots of fun, although after the bra exposure, things may seem tamer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we didn't like to ask how it ended up in her craft bag!

      Brunch with J was good but all this week's exertions have caught up with me so am back to resting for the rest of the week! xx

      Delete
  4. That sounds hilarious at the club - I feel I should perhaps look at some of my old projects!

    I hope you get a good cleaner. You deserve that. I hope that you had a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a laugh!

      The companies I tried today aren't taking on new clients so the search is still on. Hopefully I'll be lucky. And yes, I've been reading most of the evening and am enjoying the book. xx

      Delete
  5. Ha ha! That does sound like fun. It almost sounds like it would make a funny television show! Lovely daffodil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and yes, would make a good comedy show. xx

      Delete
  6. Oh, my! I laughed when I read about that lady finding her bra in her knitting bag! :D Too funny!
    That's good to hear that your pension increase will give you enough funds in the budget to hire a cleaner, even if the companies you've contacted so far aren't accepting new clients. Hope you'll find someone, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very funny moment. I'm pleased that my new budget seems to be working out. I just have to find a company that will take me on. There are lots of people advertising themselves as cleaners but I want to go with an established company that has insurance and the ability to cover absences. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts