A New Group and Making Changes

oxalis triangularis ... saw this in a friend's house and fell in love with it so will buy one to keep as an indoor plant
 

Yay ... the snow has gone and there's no more forecast so there shouldn't be any problems with my London trip this weekend!

I'm trying out a new-to-me U3A group this afternoon. It's the History and Archaeology group and this afternoon's offering is a talk by Professor Michael Hicks about the Princes in the Tower. I have read and enjoyed a couple of his books and have seen him interviewed on TV so it'll be good to hear him speak about the mystery of the two boys, a subject that has always interested me.

I don't have anything else planned for today. I need to decide what to take to London with me but it's only an overnight stay so I won't be taking much. I can get that ready today and also decide what to wear to avoid any last minute panics, but that shouldn't take me too long to sort out. It's a quick job for this morning and then I need to make a couple of tweaks to my regular activities. 

I need to change the day for my piano lessons which I think means that I will have to change to a different teacher. Currently my lessons are on a Saturday, the only day Joe teaches at this music school, which was fine when I first started but having had to refuse three invites because of this commitment, I need to make the change. It's a shame because I get on well with Joe and like his teaching style but it will be better to have the lesson on a weekday to leave the weekends free to see my friends who are still working. I'll also need to rearrange some of my arrangements with L and with J once I know my new lesson time but that should be easy enough to do. 

Comments

  1. Hope you have a grand old time Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Joe teach in the midweek evenings, it will be sad to lose him as you have learnt so much from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he only teaches in this music school on a Saturday. He teaches in his own music studio during the week but costs of lessons and travelling puts it out of my price range unfortunately. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your snow has gone and your trip to London should be problem-free. It's snowed overnight here but the snow on the ground should clear quite quickly as the sun is shining. Enjoy your talk today it sounds interesting xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the snow won't be hanging about for too long in your area. I'm looking forward to the talk this afternoon, it should be good. xx

      Delete
  4. That plant has lovely colours and I also like the shape of the leaves. They remind me of butterflies. Enjoy your trip to London. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They remind me of butterflies too ... that was my thought when I first saw the plant.

      Thanks re my London trip. xx

      Delete
  5. That oxalis plant is so colorful and pretty! Glad your snow melted and you probably won't have anymore snow to worry about on your trip to London. Sorry to hear that you need to switch piano teachers; hope that works out well. I hope you enjoyed the talk about the Princes in the Tower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very pretty. I don't really have an ideal spot for one indoors but will still get one and see how it copes.

      It's a shame I have to change teachers but who knows, the next teacher may be even better. I'll go over next week to sort out a new lesson time and day.

      The talk was excellent, I really enjoyed it. xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like an interesting group and a equally interesting talk. I hope you have fun in London. Glad the weather is cooperating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The talk was very good and future ones look just as interesting.

      It look like it'll rain all the time I'm in London but that's much better than snow! xx

      Delete
  7. Have a wonderful time.
    I hope the talk was good and that plant is so pretty. I love the colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The talk was very good and it was a nice group. I'll order a plant when I'm back from London ... I love the colour too. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts