A Busy Tuesday

the first of the summer snowflakes is flowering
 

I made a start on reorganising the music room and playroom yesterday. Progress has been made but when I stopped for the day, it was definitely at the 'looking worse before it looks better' stage. I'm concentrating on the music room today and moving out the rest of the stuff that doesn't belong in that room. It'll go up to the playroom, which isn't ideal but my main aim is to return the music room to a space that is conducive to effective piano practice. I'll worry about the playroom afterwards!

I'm going round to see Joy this morning (all confirmed, I did put the correct date in my diary!) so have a lovely start to my day, and will carry on with the music room this afternoon. I think the majority of the stuff I'm moving is the decluttered items, so in a way I'm making more work for myself as it'll have to come downstairs again when it leaves the house but for now, a tidy practice space is more important to me. I have already filled one box for the charity shop and a bag to go to recycling so I will also attempt to dispose of that today. 

Before I go to Joy's I want to finish cooking up the chicken in the Instant Pot - one more batch of chicken soup, some spicy chicken drumsticks and the remainder of the chicken thighs just flavoured with salt and pepper. I can portion it all when I get back. That's the last of the batch cooking for a while as there's not much room in the freezer ... it needs another sort out but that can wait for a few days. 

It's turning out to be a busy day!

Comments

  1. Once you have your music room sorted you will feel better about it all and you can sort your playroom a bit at a time. It does sound like you have a busy day planned but do take time to relax xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done half of what I planned to do! There are still things to be moved out of the music room so I'll do that tomorrow and then it'll be a simple job to give it a good clean. The reason it's not finished is because I had a lazy afternoon and spent too much time watching YouTube videos! xx

      Delete
  2. Certainly a good blend of things today. Starting out the day with Joy will fill you will joyful energy to finish off the tidying of your music room. For me that's a key to de-cluttering, getting it moved out of the house immediately so I don't have a chance (or others) to go through it & think maybe I should save, maybe I might need... which is NUTS to think about it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got distracted so things haven't gone to plan! I'll have to finish off in the music room tomorrow. The majority of the decluttering has to be sold and I'm procrastinating about taking the photos for the adverts! xx

      Delete
    2. Your photos are always exquisite . I love how the top snowdrop is about to pop out.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jozien. There are multiple flowers on each stem and they start out upside down. It's a much bigger plant than the snowdrops. xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you took it easy in the afternoon and didn't over do things. :) And thank you for letting me off the hook, yesterday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't feeling the love for organising today! I feel better for the rest though.

      I only let you off the hook this once so don't go expecting it every time 🤣 xx

      Delete
  4. How nice to have the freezer so well stocked. I need to take that as a reminder for me to do the same before the weather gets really, really pretty and I won't want to be in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts