Tuesday

U3A monthly meeting - a talk about the Born Free Foundation 

It's been a busy few days. I'm tired but have had a good time so it was worth it! The walk about London on Monday just about finished me off and my knees are screaming at me every time I move so today's personal training session should be interesting. It'll need to be an easy session but, with Amy starting her maternity leave next week, it's the last one for now and I don't want to miss it. 

After personal training I need to drive over to the music school to negotiate a new lesson time and day, and I'll call into the library on the way home to return some books. Once that's done the only other 'must do' for today is to place an order for a Tesco delivery ... I need to restock the freezer so there will be batch cooking in my near future!

The rest of the day will be devoted to catching up with TV shows. It seems I've missed the finals of Dancing on Ice, Great Pottery Throw Down, and Only Connect! How did that happen ... I was only away for one night!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had a good time in London even though it was hard on your knees, my feet used to suffer after traipsing round London. I don't watch any of those programmes so can't tell you what you missed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London is always tiring and I tend to underestimate how much walking there is to do. I had a great time though, thanks. I've watch all the missed programmes now on catch-up and was pleased with the winner each time. xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy day ahead of you! Hope the personal training goes well and you are able to find a new day and time that will be convenient for you for the piano lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should have been busier that it was. I didn't sort out the piano lessons which is a bit frustrating so will do that tomorrow, but all the rest has been done and I also got round to booking a short break in July. xx

      Delete
  3. Glad to read your London trip was a success for you. I would think the U3A meeting about the Born Free organization would have been an interesting one. I am sure Amy will take it easy on you today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou, London was great. The Born Free talk was interesting but not really that much about the work of the Foundation, more about the endangered species so I'm none the wiser about the work they do! Amy was very gentle with me today xx

      Delete
    2. I'd be interested in what your personal trainer came up with for your knees. I overdid it with skiing yesterday and cancelled yoga for today. I was just on the floor trying to think of several yoga poses that i can call knee restoration yoga:)

      Delete
    3. We didn't attempt an exercise for the knees and won't until we are sure that the pain is just due to exertions in London. Until then my instruction is to rest regularly during the day but absolutely no leg exercises while there is any pain. It's not worth the risk of doing serious damage. xx

      Delete
    4. Indeed! For me, i did take it very easy for 3 days, and yesterday i finally did
      do a longer walk/snowshoe, without ill effects, so i feel i am good to go again. How are you?

      Delete
    5. It's getting better thanks, but still taking it easy. xx

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a good time! London can be a lot especially if you have to keep going up and down stairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I had a great time. I always forget just how tiring London is xx

      Delete
  5. Pounding the pavements can be very hard on the poor legs, whether it be feet, ankles of knees - or even hips, come to that.
    I'm glad you had such a lovely time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always underestimate the amount of walking when I go to London. It was worth the painful knees though as I had a great time. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts