Thursday

Today I am trying out my third addition to the lifestyle changes. This is one of the weekly 'Walking for Health' walks organised by the local council. There are three different levels, all free, and I'm joining in on the easiest starter level which is described as a '30 minute walk at a steady pace with frequent stops'. It's in Westbury, about three miles away, and I've been told that a lot of the walkers go to a farm café afterwards for coffee and cake. I will have to leave immediately after the walk today as L is coming for lunch but will do the coffee and cake part on future weeks. I'll let you know how it goes!

To kick start my never-ending decluttering project, which I have been ignoring for weeks, I'm joining Bless in her challenge to declutter 64 items during November. I'm not sure how Bless arrived at that figure but I am up for the challenge and made a start yesterday. Ready for my next trip to the recycling yard I have put aside a broken plastic laundry basket, 43 coat hangers (counting these as one item), and an assortment of empty rigid plastic containers that can't go in the kerbside wheelie bin collection (again, counting these as one item).

Some things never change! Instead of printing sheet music for the band, today's task is to print a set of the carols the choir will be singing at Christmas. The big difference is that I am only printing one set for myself instead of 30+ sets for the band. These aren't the Christmas songs we are learning on Mondays but are the traditional carols we will be singing at the Christmas Market in Bath in December ... the songs are for the choir's concert, also in December, but I haven't decided whether to sing in the concert or to be in the audience. 

Life feels like it on the 'up' and it's already evident that the changes I am making are pushing me in the right direction both physically and mentally. I just need to keep on keeping on, and I'll get there!

Comments

  1. Ah Christmas music, I was playing a few of my Christmas CD's as I began De-Clutter 2019 Version 2.5. I chuckled that the healthy walking group goes for tea & cake afterwards ... I'd be signing up with that group for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the cake element of walking is taken very seriously ... I'll tell you all about the walk in tomorrow's post.

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon Eileen,
    Walking is excellent for the health of the body and the spirit.
    With the band's activities even better.
    Go ahead!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from the painful knee I really enjoyed it, and the knee has recovered now so it was worth the effort.

      Delete
  3. Well now, that coffee and cake afterwards part of the walk sounds very good to me! Not sure how healthy that is, but, the promise of cake afterwards will keep me walking for sure! LOL.

    Glad to have you join me in the decluttering. How I arrived at 64 is easy - that's how old I'm going to be next week on my birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the cake will encourage me to go regularly!

      Snap, I am 64 at the end of this month. All the best people were born in November 😁😁

      Delete
  4. Some of our Ramblers are also leaders of walking for health. They say it's very well organised but have not confessed to any element of cake indulgence. I find it relatively easy to resist the pub after a walk ... a cafe would be a different ball game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realised, until I completed a registration form yesterday, that the Walking for Health is a Ramblers initiative. It seems to be very well organised and I am looking forward to going regularly. The cafe will be difficult to resist!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts