Saturday

The start of the weekend! I have to decide what I want to do at the weekends now that I don't have the commitment of the Saturday morning band practices.

To start with I didn't set the alarm for my usual 6:30 am, allowing myself a relaxing start to the day by waking naturally. I actually woke at 6:32 am, so had the luxury of a two minute lie in! Then downstairs for some exercise ... 30 minutes of 'dance like nobody's watching' to a YouTube 'cheesy pop songs' compilation. I definitely felt wide awake after that!

I didn't feel hungry at all so skipped breakfast and instead I drank some water and forced a piece of toast down so I could take my daily meds. I'll have brunch later.

I'd like my weekends to be a more leisurely affair. I have plenty of time during the week for decluttering, chores, and running errands etc., so the weekend is to be 'me time'. However, I am at a complete loss to know what to do with myself today so I can see that some careful planning will be needed to make this work for me. Don't get me wrong, I have so many things I can do in the way of hobbies but ... I can't settle on anything at the moment. I'm missing band, that's the trouble. However, I'm sure an idea will come to me and it'll end up being a good day ... I'll report back tomorrow.

Comments

  1. You've done band for so long, it is bound to be a break and feel strange. I'm sure things will slot into place soon and your 'me' time will be wonderful. Sometimes it is nice to have nothing scheduled and to just follow your nose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll make the adjustment in time. It's been a pleasant day just pottering about.

      Delete
  2. My go to is always the library. There's always a new book fact or fiction which gets my juices going. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea.I did try the library to find out about their board games sessions but they have stopped running them! I've just borrowed my limit of books so wasn't ready to get any more but it's something to remember for another day. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I am sure you will miss the routine of Saturday morning band practice for a few Saturdays before you get used to it. You mentioned wanting to sew - maybe Saturday mornings might be the time set aside to sew or work on crafts. Or maybe an at-home spa day. I tend to watch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! My comment published itself before I quite finished! I was saying I tend to watch various craft shows and cooking shows on TV on Saturdays.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts