Friday

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get to see a doctor today as my knee is so painful. I abandoned the walk yesterday and rested as much as possible, although living alone means it's inevitable that I have to move more that I'd like if I don't want to starve. Even an appointment for next week will be counted as a win!

I'm hoping to hand over the majority of the band stuff today. It feels good to have reached this point and to be moving on to the next stage of my life. As I've said before I feel extremely positive about 2020 and have been busy with lots of planning, none of which includes any involvement with the band. Never say never, but I don't see them being in my future.

I'll spend some time today sorting through some books I want to sell on eBay and taking the photos etc, ready to place the ads on Sunday. If they all sell it will clear another shelf in one of the cupboards in the playroom which will be just the right amount of space to store the fabrics I'll buy in the January sales ... all ready for some dressmaking next year. I'm also considering trying knitting or crochet again ... still at the thinking about it stage though. I can sew anything and have no problems but knitting/crochet, well that's another thing entirely and has never  gone well. Still, I'm a glutton for punishment so will probably try again. I'm sure I have at least one cardigan in me!

Comments

  1. I hope you do get to see a doctor, today, Eileen, so you don't have to spend the whole weekend in pain. How are you managing the stairs? Or, is there a place, downstairs, where you can sleep if climbing the stairs is too difficult?

    Yay, fabric shopping in January! How marvelous that you can sew anything! My mother was like that! She used to sew all our clothes! I can knit, but, I'm not so good with sewing clothes. Oh, I'm sure you'll just breeze through that cardigan in no time! My friend R has been asking me to make her a cardigan, but I need her to tell me what color yarn she'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the doctor next week but saw the triage nurse today. The pain has eased over the course of the day and the swelling has reduced to normal size. I've been using a walking stick to help with mobility and so coped getting downstairs this morning. I can sleep on the sofa if I can't manage to get upstairs tonight.

      I can sew and my sister can knit ... we shared out the skills! I have to look for some patterns now so that I'm ready for when the fabrics are on sale.

      Delete
  2. I would really like to be able to crochet (or knit) but I'm all thumbs. Your fabric creations sound like good projects in 2020. Moving on from your band decision I'm sure is a tough one, & I bet there are trying to lure you back in. You did SO much for them. "The times they are a changing" (my Gran's quote, not mine). Happy weekend & hopefully your knee settles down to make the basic moving about your house OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knit too tight so it is an effort and makes my hands hurt!

      I'm not 100% about the band but won't be returning in January, which is what they seem to be expecting. One of my friends from band called in earlier and now I feel a little undecided again. We'll see ....

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your knee! I've been having problems with mine but only if I'm crouching to take photos. Makes it a bit awkward if I can't get down lower lol. Hope it feels better soon!

    Good for you with your decision to move on. I don't think you'll regret it. I umed and ahed about stopping work when my Mum got sick so I could visit longer. Best thing I ever did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that problem with crouching. Frustrating isn't it from a photography point if view? I think I will have to invest in a kneeling pad so I can get down to a lower level!

      It's a good way of phrasing it ... moving on ... I hadn't thought of it in that way and it puts a more positive slant on it, rather than the negative feelings if leaving it all behind. Thank you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts