A Day In Photos

Saturday November 16th 2019


6:30 am, and a disgustingly early start to a Saturday. There isn't a photo to record this hour because I may have forgotten to take one!


7:40 am, I've driven across to the far side of town and the coach has arrived. The adventure has begun!





8 am, and I'm on the coach. We're still driving round picking up the other passengers.





9 am, and just passing Stonehenge





10 am, and we are making good time so there is a 20 minute comfort break at Fleet Services





11 am, We've arrived in London and are close to our destination. The good news is that we will arrive just before our designated entry time slot.



12 noon, outside the Saatchi Gallery and just about to queue to go inside. I booked this trip back in March and I may be more than a little excited!




1 pm, and enjoying the Tutankhamun exhibition. As usual at these sort of events the low lighting combined with the glass of the display cabinets doesn't help the photography side of things so I have only taken a few, all of them using my phone.




2 pm, still in the exhibition and loving every minute of it!




3 pm, and still in the Saatchi Gallery but now sitting in the café enjoying some coffee and cake. The café is crowded so this is some of the art on display.




4 pm, and am now passing the time in the foyer with some fellow passengers until the pickup at 5 pm. I'm tired and just want to sit down but we've all had a brilliant time and everyone loved the exhibition.





5 pm, and waiting for the coach to pick us up.




6 pm -  8 pm, just the one photo ... hot chocolate on the coach. It's dark so there's nothing to photograph.





9 pm, home sweet home and a mug of coffee to warm up. The temperature has dropped drastically and the gritting lorries are out on the main roads.




This is the final photo of the day. Once the coffee was ready I turned the heating up, snuggled under a blanket and watched some TV to finish the day. I've had a fantastic time and the Tutankhamun exhibition was all I hoped it would be and more even though the iconic golden mask wasn't there (it's too fragile to transport). I've chatted with lots of people, all complete strangers sharing our enjoyment of the exhibition, and now I can tick another thing off my bucket list.

Comments

  1. Oh, what a fun post! I enjoyed the almost hourly documentation in photos! My daughter was very interested in Ancient Egypt when she was a child and we went to see the King Tut exhibit at the Los Angeles County Museum, some years ago. There was a more recent exhibit, last year, but we were not able to go to that one, for one reason or another.

    I'm so glad that you felt well enough and were able to go to this exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photo an Hour used to be a monthly thing but the organiser seems to have moved to Instagram now. I miss doing the monthly posts so decided to start again and the trip to London was the ideal subject.

      The exhibition was amazing and worth the effort of getting there, although I am very tired today!

      Delete
  2. It looks a wonderful day and I'm so glad you were feeling well and could enjoy yourself.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a brilliant time and am so glad I didn't cancel. I am very tired today and have had a very lazy day to recover!

      Delete
  3. Hello Eileen,
    Very well.
    It was wonderful your saturday .
    The exhibition I think that were fabulous.
    I wish you a nice night and a good week.
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime, yes the exhibition was fabulous and I really enjoyed it.

      I hope you have a good week too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts