Friday

Apologies for the lack of a post yesterday ... Thursday just didn't happen in this house!

I spent the entire day in bed. I felt dreadful, was shivering and couldn't get warm, and just wanted to sleep. I feel fine today, a bit tired maybe, but no sign of whatever hit me for six yesterday. It means that I missed my walk with the Walking for Health group and also the fortnightly quiz, but on the plus side it seems that I will be able to go to London for tomorrow's outing.

As for today, I'm in the middle of sorting out my budget for next year so will continue with that and get everything in place. All I have left to do is set up a couple of new standing orders, move existing direct debits between accounts and create a 'pocket money' account. It won't take long, so once that's done I'll make a packed lunch for tomorrow, get my clothes ready and pack my day bag, all ready to leave the house at 7:15 am. Then the rest of the day is my own.

I have no thoughts of doing anything too strenuous so will be staying in the warm to finish my book and maybe watch a film, and generally take it easy with an early night at the end if it all. 

I doubt there will be a post tomorrow but will update you on Sunday.

Comments

  1. Poor you, that does sound very unpleasant. You were in the best place, the walk won;t go away - I mean, there will be another one next week - and dirro for the quiz. Take it gently today. You might be feeling OK but that could be fragile.
    Have a wonderful time tomorrow.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I know seems to have some sort of lurgy so it was to be expected. I think I got off quite lightly so my London adventure will definitely happen, thank goodness.

      Delete
  2. Oh that hit rather suddenly - glad you took immediate steps to nip that in the bud & glad to read you are feeling much better. I hope your Saturday outing is lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I've been looking forward to this exhibition for months ... I hope it lives up to expectations.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you didn't feel well on Thursday, but, glad you are feeling better. Hope you have a wonderful trip to London, tomorrow. Looking forward to reading all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I had a fantastic time in London today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts