Wednesday

The good news from yesterday is that there is nothing seriously wrong so eye drops and a tiny tweak of BP medication will sort me out. Phew!

I woke before the alarm this morning so treated myself to a leisurely breakfast and took the opportunity to relax, choosing to read until it was time to go out. I'm meeting C for coffee so will park away from the town centre and walk to the café (about 15 minutes each way), hence the lack of exercises first thing.  

This afternoon is set aside for batch cooking, something I don't consider to be a chore, so will shop for the things I need before coming home. I'll be roasting some veggies for tonight's meal so will do extra, some for soups and some to cool and freeze. Also on the menu is sausage casserole and  shepherdess pie, both to cook in the oven alongside the roast veg, lamb scouse in the slow cooker, chicken portions in the Actifry, and chicken curry and veggie soup on the hob. That, together with what's already in the freezer, will keep me going for a while. 

I don't have any specific plans for this evening but I won't be going out. It'll be spent reading or watching TV with an early night on the horizon ... I'm going on my first health walk tomorrow morning!

Comments

  1. I'm glad that all is well. Sounds like you've a busy day with going out for coffee, shopping, and cooking. You've planned a nice selection of dishes to make. Batch cooking at its best! :) I like your plans for the evening, too.

    Hope the health walk goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a busy day but I have enjoyed myself. Meeting with friends is always fun, the cooking went well and I have spent the evening reading. I feel a bit anxious about the walk tomorrow but I'm sure it will be fine.

      Delete
  2. Phew. Thank goodness it's just one of those things.
    Your day sounds lovely and, inspired by you, I am taking a good hard look at my life in order to get a bit more organised and less haphazard annd to have more time to get out and about.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my week arranged so that I have three days with nothing organised so I can fit in day trips or just have lazy days. For the other four days there are only two with firm (teaching) commitments and two with solo activities arranged but which I can easily cancel if I want to do something else. Housework gets done in the mornings but can easily be left if something better comes up 😂

      Delete
  3. Glad everything was okay. Sounds like you are well organised when it comes to cooking. I don't mind the cooking it's deciding what to cook. If it was just me I think it would easier lol. I try not to repeat the meal options for the guys too much. I have started keeping track of it which is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like experimenting with new recipes but always keep a supply of favourite meals in the freezer. I only have to worry about myself, so that does make it easier.

      Delete
  4. Happy to hear the eye problem was manageable. I've never done batch cooking, although my daughter swears by it. Maybe I should give it a try - I sure would like quick and easy on many days of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find is reduces my food costs and allows me to have a bigger selection of meals. There's also the added bonus of quick meals most nights ... cooking for one is much easier with batch cooking!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts