Sunday

My quiet weekend continues just as planned. The weather has been atrocious so I am thankful for central heating, snuggles blankets and plenty of food and drink on hand.

Yesterday afternoon resulted in a flurry of texts and now I have something in my diary for every day next week, assuming they all pan out. I also now have access to the members only section of the singing group website so can access the practice files; I have been singing my heart out ... I'm enjoying myself but not entirely sure that the neighbours are!! Reintroducing singing to my life has made me feel happier than I have for a long time so I have no doubt that I will keep going to the group every week.

Today, all I plan to do is read, eat and drink. I'm reading 'Sanctus' by Simon Toyne and am loving it. If I need a break from reading, the fifth Harry Potter film is on the TV later this afternoon or I have plenty of choice on Netflix. I'm still in my free trial month with Netflix but can already see that it is a useful addition to my 'what shall I do' list of activities in the home for rainy or lazy days.

Hope you all enjoy your day, whatever you have planned.

Comments

  1. It all sounds great, really enjoyable. Have a wonderful day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eileen, I hope your Sunday was excellent.
    In the rainy weather it's good to be home reading or watching a movie.
    I wish you a nice week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are having a restful Sunday, as you'll be busy next week! It sounds like joining the singing group was a very good idea! I'm sure the neighbors enjoy the free concert! Enjoy your day of reading, relaxing, and watching TV. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aim was to have a proper weekend, relaxing and a contrast to week days.

      Yes, the singing group has been a marvelous addition to my life.

      Delete
  4. It's always good to have something that brings you such joy. I think Photography is like that for me. I can forget about everything while I am out walking and taking photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photography works in that way for me too but the weather isn't playing nicely so there aren't many opportunities at the moment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts