Tuesday

I didn't have a good night but was out of bed when the alarm went off and completed my exercise for the day - 20 minutes walking around inside the house while my breakfast cooked. I tried a SW breakfast bake - bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans - which I enjoyed but which will probably get relegated to a weekend brunch.

If I'd looked in the mirror before exercising I wouldn't have done anything as I have burst blood vessels in both eyes - there is no white visible in either eye. I don't know if it happened during the night or because of the walking but I am off to an emergency appointment with the optician and then immediately after with my GP as it feels like my blood pressure is really high as well for some reason. J is on her way to drive me to wherever I need to go. On the bright side, I am excused chores for today at least!

I'm supposed to be meeting S for coffee this afternoon so have texted him to explain the situation and will update him later.

Last night the choir practice was as enjoyable as I was hoping it would be, this time working on four different songs: James Bond medley, Carol of the Snow, Somewhere Out There, and Walking In The Air. I chatted  to a couple of fellow sopranos before the session started so didn't feel like a Billy No Mates this time!

Comments

  1. Oh, goodness, that must have been quite a shock when you looked in the mirror. Hoping the professionals can sort out what heppened and offer some reassurance/help.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a shock! All's well though, nothing serious. I have eye drops to use until the red disperses which should take a day or two.

      Delete
    2. THat's good to read, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh that sounds like a scary start to the day. Hope you get all the help you need to sort it out Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back at home now and am fine. Eye drops and a medication tweak will sort me out!

      Delete
  3. Thanks goodness for such speedy medical attention. Sending lots of good vibes your way. I did chuckle at "Billy No Mates" it's been a while since I've heard that expression. I have an ear worm of "Carol of The Bells" ringing in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's not serious and for now it's carry on as normal with an adjustment to current meds and the addition of some eye drops.

      Carol of the Snow features elements of Carol of the Bells but is an arrangement by the choir director. I find myself singing it all the time 🙂

      Delete
  4. Goodness, that must have been a surprise! Glad to hear you managed to get such fast access to medical help and that it was nothing serious. It sounds like you have a good regime started and I too find I achieve things when I have a plan and pattern. You are keeping as busy as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aiming towards the happy medium of being busy but not overdoing things. It's an elusive target at the moment but I'll get it right one day!

      Delete
  5. Hello Eileen.
    I can imagine you had a big scare. I have read that it is nothing serious and I hope you are doing your normal life.
    Hugs and a good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. Yes, all back to normal thank goodness.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad to read that you were able to get seen by the doctors so quickly and that it was not anything too serious. Would it be helpful for you to get a blood pressure monitor to check at home? I have one and I am supposed to check 2-3 times a day (but I don't always do that!)

    Glad the choir practice was all that you had hoped it would be and you were able to chat with a couple of the others. :)

    Hope you have a quiet, restful day, today. Take it easy. Hope your eyes will be better, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts