Tuesday

I have a bit of teaching later this afternoon but the rest of the day is my own.

I want to spend some time re-evaluating some of my lifestyle goals so it all depends on how I get on with that. I'm not sure whether it's a case of redefining the goal statement or what but I'm not entirely clear on what I mean by 'living life to the full'. Do I mean live life to the full or do I mean live a fulfilled life ... there's a subtle difference so that's the goal I'm starting on!

I got rather sidetracked yesterday. I was supposed to be looking for local events and ended up spending most of my time looking for online photo challenges/courses/holidays. I miss taking photographs so it's one aspect of my life I want to focus on. I found plenty of photography courses and holidays but, for now, have decided that I just need to get out and use the skills I have and take some decent photos so to give me the push I need I have decided to set myself some monthly challenges. This is in addition to the Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt and anyone is welcome to join me if they want to. I have to work out the finer details so probably won't be starting until next month, or maybe January.

However, before I can do any of that thinking and planning I need to do something in the way of exercise ... time for my walk!

Comments

  1. I agree - there is a difference between the two and the more one thinks about it, the more different they seem to become. They are things that mean different things to different people too, so are very personal things.

    I didn't do very well with the scavanger hunt, did I? I started off OK but then it just dwindled out. I look forward to seeing what your ideas are very much.

    Enjoy the walk.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree that there is a difference! It means I'm not going mad ... a friend got really worked up about this, insisting they were the same thing, and that I was nitpicking!

      I only got as far as the doorstep. It's still icy but thawing so I may try again later ... but more likely to stay in the warm and forget the walk 😚

      Delete
  2. I agree about the subtle differences in the life affirming statement. I also find past or present tense can make a big difference. It's what ever works for you in the phrasing of your life statement. The things we say to ourselves matter in a huge way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning towards thinking that what I'm wanting is to live a fulfilled life but not with the same meaning as the Buddhist religion seems to advocate (based on my very limited understanding of Buddhism). And as you say, the tense makes all the difference!

      Delete
  3. You're not nitpicking. I think there's a difference.

    I love taking photos. I do get out most days to take some, but it's harder during the winter. I feel that all I take is photos of snow and ice lol. I am looking to do more indoor photography projects, but we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You put me to shame with your photos. I hesitate about going outside in our UK winters whereas you manage all sorts of wonderful photos of ice and snow! I always intend to try harder but ... the central heating beckons me! I may well be focusing on indoor projects until Easter myself.

      Delete
  4. Another very thought provoking post, Eileen. Living life to the fullest vs. living a fulfilled life. I think it depends a lot on ones definitions and it will differ from person to person. I think, we should ask ourselves what do these phrases mean to us. For me, personally, living life to the fullest would mean actively participating in life, embracing each day and finding joy in that day's activities, rather than simply existing; while living a fulfilled life means feeling content that I am living the best life possible for me. For me, a fulfilled life includes a life lived to the fullest in the sense that I have loved and cared for others, accomplished most of my goals, and will not have any major regrets when I die. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've pretty much summed up the point I have reached whilst thinking it through, i.e. however I choose to describe it, I am meaning a life that is a combination of both living the best life I can, reaching the goals I set for myself and is filled with kindness and love for family and friends.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts