Sunday

Well, yesterday was a bit of an odd day, being busy doing nothing. Taking up Aril's suggestion I went to the library to see about the board games sessions but they don't do them anymore, so I spent the rest of the day at home. Apart from reading and watching a Sherlock Holmes film I couldn't actually tell you what I did but I ended the day feeling contented, so all was good.

Today will be a little better organised! I've already had a visitor and can now add 10 books to the list of decluttered items this month - taken away by D who called in early this morning when she needed a comfort break during her walk. It's alright, I didn't make her carry the books on the rest of her walk - she'd parked outside my house! I didn't join her, although that's a possibility for another Sunday, as I am going out for the day. 

It's taking me an age to get ready but the camera battery is recharging as I type this and as soon as it is charged I'm going out to take some photographs.  I don't plan to go far, just to Bradford-on-Avon (about 3 miles away), which is a pretty little town with plenty of scope for photo possibilities. I'll take something to eat with me and my plan is to stay out until the light goes, dividing my time between photographing the town, a walk along the river or the canal, some window shopping, and to try to photograph the heron and/or the kingfishers that can always be seen by the town bridge. If it does rain I can always drive on to Bath and wander round the Art Gallery or one of the museums. I'm sure to find something to interest me.

So if it all goes according to plan I will spend the evening editing photos. I used to do this all the time but have got out of the habit, so am really looking forward to seeing how I get on. I'll share some of the photos tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Look forward to seeing pics. Hopefully a nice kingfisher one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't take many photos and sadly no sign of the kingfisher today. I'll post my few photos tomorrow and explain what I got up to instead.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a lovely plan and the forecast is much better than it has been recently.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cold but dry today. The sun was low and casting very dark shadows so not the best conditions for photography but despite that I had a fantastic time ... all will be revealed in tomorrow's post!

      Delete
  3. We haven't been to Bradford on Avon in years, looking forward to your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bradford on Avon is beautiful isn't it. I don't have many photos to show tomorrow but will take some more in the near future.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a fun plan for the day, Eileen. I looked up Bradford on Avon and it looks like a very interesting city with a lot going on. :) Looking forward to seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without giving too much away, I think you will be very interested in today's events! I did think of you a few times during the afternoon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts