Wednesday

Wednesdays are turning out to be my day for meeting friends. This afternoon I will hopefully be meeting S for coffee and a chat, that's assuming he is well enough. I was supposed to be seeing G this morning but she has been called in to work on her day off so has had to cancel.

This morning I need to whizz round the shops for a few bits and pieces - birthday cards, fruit, shampoo, deodorant, and some Christmas wrapping paper and fabrics.

The wrapping paper, if I can find some good quality thicker paper, is to experiment with making some origami Christmas decorations. I spent some time yesterday searching for ideas and found instructions for making a variety of stars, trees, and angels. I have some Christmas crafting paper but I think it's too small and the end result will be minute, hence the test with wrapping paper. If it doesn't work, then it's back to the drawing board!

The Christmas fabrics are to make a rag wreath. There are only a couple of places to buy fabric in town, both probably too expensive, so there may be a shopping expedition to Bristol or Bath in the near future! I will also look for a skirt pattern while I'm in the sewing shop as some form of dressmaking is on my winter to-do list.

The walk out with my camera on Sunday has reawakened my interest in photography. The Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt starts on December 1st so I was checking through the list yesterday. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for prompts and I will do my best to include them.

Comments

  1. How about something red but non-Christmas?

    Hasppy hunting for the fabrics. We are lucky enough to have a market with a good fabric stall that's not terribly costly.
    Plus 'And Sew On' of course.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something to thing about. The fabric wasn't too expensive but there wasn't anything suitable so I may have to rethink.

      Delete
  2. A variety of things planned for today, blending the "have to" with the "want to". Maybe the charity shops may have some things for your rag wreath, things that could be cut up to use. Yeah to WPSH - winter has certainly settled in on this side of the pond, woke to -15, lots of snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt very wintery here today. I haven't been able to get warm and will be putting the heavier duvet on the bed ready for tonight. At least we don't have any snow, just plenty of rain!

      Delete
  3. I hope you were able to meet with S for coffee. Hope the wrapping paper turns out to be just what you need for the origami. The fabric store I go to is having another sale, this week, and I am trying very hard to avoid going! Looking forward to the winter photo scavenger hunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I met up with S and we had a long chat together.

      The wrapping paper idea may work but the stuff I bought was still too flimsy and doesn't look good. No luck with the fabric though, so I will have to rethink.

      I bet you give in and buy some fabric in the sale! And I am looking forward to seeing your choice of photos for the hunt.

      Delete
  4. Hello Eileen,
    I hope you can find the fabrics for the Christmas wreath and for your sewing.
    I have no knack for manualities!
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No luck so far with the fabric. You'd be able to make a rag wreath - all you have to do is cut strips of fabric and tie them to a circle if wire ... no sewing required!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts