Reasons To Be Cheerful in October 2019

Despite the upset of taking a break from the band there have been plenty of reasons to be cheerful in October, starting with my choice of daily joyful activities: 

  1. Evening out with friends, listening to A's Big Band
  2. Lunch with J
  3. Listening to an audio book
  4. Enjoying a mug of hot chocolate after a bout of sorting in the cold garage
  5. Band rehearsal followed by a bring and share meal
  6. Phone conversation with Lauren
  7. Reaching a decision about my involvement with the band and acting on that decision!
  8. A quiet day reading
  9. Lunch with C
  10. Lunch with L
  11. Finding that a couple of skirts, previously too tight, now fit comfortably
  12. Taking part in the band concert
  13. Watching Gemini Man at the cinema with L
  14. A quiet day, reading and listening to music
  15. Good news from the doctor
  16. Meeting S for coffee
  17. Trying out a new recipe
  18. Watching the new series of 'Would I Lie To You'
  19. Having an empty laundry basket!
  20. Discovering that the Harry Potter films are being shown again on TV
  21. Balanced the band accounts after days of looking for £10.01!!
  22. An evening with friends
  23. Lunch with J 
  24. Playing the piano
  25. A lazy day
  26. Watching films on a cold and wet October day
  27. Dog walking along the canal towpath
  28. Joining the singing group
  29. Haircut day!
  30. Reviewing extracts from a friend's new book
  31. Being in the winning team at a new quiz

*****
A lovely evening with friends from band at a concert by the Big Band 'A' plays in.

*****
Planning some 'me time' and a variety of things I want to do on my own during the next year. The planning stage is almost as enjoyable as the doing stage!

*****

Answering the phone to a very excited Lauren who was bursting with the fantastic news that she passed her driving test. So proud of her.


*****

Enjoying a bring and share meal with friends

*****

Playing in the band's autumn concert, though mixed emotions as this may have been the last time I play with them.

*****

Lunch with J and with L, and coffee with S, on separate occasions. Enjoying their company and the opportunity to chat.


*****

Spending time listening to audiobooks, watching the Friends DVDs and various films on Netflix ... much more enjoyable than the repeats I have been watching on TV!

*****

Plenty of cosy days and evenings,. The snuggle blankets are back in use, and curtains can be closed to shut out the night and the dismal weather.

*****

Trying a new way of meal planning/bulk cooking/shopping, which is a resounding success and much easier to keep going now that I have started.

*****

Rediscovering the local library. Obviously I knew it was there (!) but I have made the effort to visit and have registered for online access so I can now borrow audio books and ebooks without having to drive to the other side of town.

*****

Being on nodding terms with some of the people I see on my early morning walks. Sometimes that's all it takes to knock away the feeling of isolation that occasionally comes with living on my own.


*****

Another phone call from Lauren discussing my birthday present ... she has bought two tickets for a Harry Potter walking tour in London for me plus a friend. She was totally surprised when I said that I wanted to go with her! We have until April next year to use the tickets.


*****

Joining a local community singing group and loving every single minute of the first session. Even if I go back to the band, I will continue with the singing as well.

Comments

  1. Hi there - just calling by - not sure how I got here but I was intrigued by your title and love all your cheerful reasons - we need to remain cheerful these days with all that is going on around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that making the effort to look for cheerful and joyful activities really does make a difference to how I feel.

      Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  2. Bravo! What a positive month October has been for you. You've inspired me to take some similar steps myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's made a big difference to my emotional well-being so I hope it has the same benefits for you.

      Delete
  3. Those are all wonderful reasons for being cheerful! I love your list of daily joyful activities and what a great birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, it's been a good month despite all the upset with the band. Yes, it's a brilliant present ... she knows me well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts