Wednesday

It's one of those bits & bobs days today ... quite a lot to fit in, but nothing requiring too much effort on my part.

My sister will call round with some more books for me this morning. I also need to pop out to deliver some band related stuff to C without fail (it needs to be dealt with asap), so although my sister should know to check that I'm at home, she'll probably forget ... whether we get to see each other is very much down to chance. It would be so much easier to arrange a time but she doesn't work that way, so I just go with the flow!! She'll leave the books over the side gate if I'm not in so one way or the other I will need to sort through all the books again. 

This afternoon I'm meeting S for coffee and then will shop for the few bits of food I need. I've agreed to take part in the choir's Christmas concert which means that I need to find something red to wear, so will also look for that if I have time.

I wasn't planning to sing in this concert as they have been learning the concert songs since September and I still haven't had a go at most of them yet. However, the people I sat with on Monday persuaded me to change my mind. I'll be able to sight-read the pieces I haven't tried yet and, as they said, it will be fun! I'll miss the final sing through of all the songs on Dec 2 as I have a ticket to see Les Miserables (bought before I joined the choir).

This evening I may have visitors. It all depends on the traffic and how much time they have to spare but it'll be lovely to see them, either tonight or in a couple of weeks when they're heading home. 'They' are friends from teacher training days when we were at college together.

In amongst all of that I need to fit in a couple of loads of washing, cook the chicken thighs I defrosted by mistake, text my nephew about repairing/replacing the kitchen tap, and search the music room cupboards for the one music book I need but typically can't find. 

Comments

  1. It sounds like a really lovely day and I hope everything works perfectly. I'm glad you're singing at Christmas - it is such a lovely and festive thing to do.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel happy about choosing to sing in the concert. I'm trying not to fret and overthink thing so let my heart say yes while head was screaming no. I can sight-read everything if necessary so I have decided to be confident in my abilities and enjoy myself on the night!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you'll have a busy day! How lovely that you've been persuaded to take part in the choir's Christmas concert! Hope you find just the right red garment to wear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to wear read and black. I have plenty of black skirts so need to find a red cardigan or blouse to wear on top. I have time to make a red blouse if I can't find anything I like in the shops.

      Delete
    2. I meant to say 'red and black'!

      Delete
  3. Friends, books, music ... a perfect day in the works. Wonderful that you are singing in a Christmas choir. If only that big pond wasn't in the way, you could borrow something red from my closet - I have lots of that colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of red tops but none are smart enough for this concert ... I have red t-shirts and strappy tops but think they are inappropriate to wear at a Christmas concert in a church.plus it's an excuse to buy something new!. Thanks for the offer though and I will keep it in mind for plan C - if I can't buy one or make one, I'll remember your offer 😂

      Delete
  4. Sounds a good day. Oh Les Miserable! One of my favourite musicals. Someone bringing over books? Sounds like the perfect day lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are here, dropped of by BiL so I'll have a sort through them tonight.

      Les Miserables is the recording of the temporary cast who performed for a limited period during this summer when the theatre was closed for renovations and the main cast took the show on your. This is the All Stars cast of Alfie Boe, Matt Lucas, Michael Ball,a Katy Secombe and Carrie Hope Fletcher. I couldn't get a ticket to see them live in the theatre so the transmission of the live concert to the cinema is a good second best.

      Delete
  5. That should say ... took the show on tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like bits and bobs days where I can finish off lots of little things that need attention. It would be even better if there were books involved in any way. I hope you got to see your sister, and didn't just pass the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother in law delivered the books so no, I didn't get to see my sister.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts