Monday

For the first time in what seems like ages I set the alarm clock to wake me this morning. It's time to settle back into a routine, rather than drifting along. I know that I feel better in myself if I have some sort of structure to my life so for starters I am concentrating on the weekdays.

For weekdays, my aim is to wake early, complete whatever exercise I have decided on for the day, and then pootle about working on whatever chores/errands are down for that day. With plenty of breaks for drinks the aim is to be finished well before midday, leaving the rest of the day to fill with whatever I fancy doing. I'll only need to set the alarm until I get used to waking at this time again.

So today's exercise was 10 minutes of steps and 10 minutes of flexibility exercises. The chores are to dust the downstairs rooms, wipe down the front of the kitchen cupboards, meal prep, personal admin, and set up the music room for today's lessons. I now have a few hours to amuse myself before the first lesson, so will fit in some piano practice and some reading.

It's the choir practice tonight which I am looking forward to. The half term break is finished so there should be more people there this time so I will go earlier in the hope that I can get to know some of the others. Maybe there will be some other singletons like me who are keen to chat. We'll see how it goes!

Comments

  1. I like the sound of this. If I didn;t wake anturally early, I'd do the same myself - I have a very loud alarm out of necessaity and it wakes me with a jolt, so I'm quite glad I don't have to.
    What time are you setting it to?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment it's set for 6:30am. I'll see how it all works out and may change that to 7am if I think that will leave me with enough time to fit everything in.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a well thought out & well planned day. Music is figuring large into the day - oh such joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a good day if it involves music 😁😁

      Delete
  3. Some structure to the day - I should try for that! Sounds like you have a very productive and fun day planned, with a lot of music! Hope the choir practice goes well and you get to know some friendly people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good day. I started teaching again this afternoon so it was lovely to see the children again, and choir was fun. I chatted with a couple of ladies who were very friendly and had nods of recognition from others there so it was very welcoming.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts