Thursday

Yesterday proved to be good fun with late birthday wishes, a couple of unexpected gifts, lots of texting and skyping, and meeting up with S.

Tonight I have another birthday celebration to look forward to as Julie and Lauren are taking me to see Last Christmas at the cinema. Treating me to see a film has evolved into a birthday tradition over the last few years and I am looking forward to it. 

Apart from that, I don't have much on for the rest of the day. It should be the walking group this morning but I am waiting until I have seen the doctor before joining them again so it's unlikely to happen before they break for Christmas. Never mind, it'll be something to look forward to in January.

So plans for today, such as they are, include hanging my new picture, hoovering the downstairs rooms, washing the bed linen (to leave tomorrow free), and printing out the remainder of the new music ready to take it to the printers. Nothing too demanding either in time or energy, so I should be able to cuddle up with a book this afternoon and just relax.

Comments

  1. Aren't extended birthdays lovely. Have a wonderful time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they definitely are! It helps that so many of my friends have birthdays in the same week 😊

      Delete
  2. I am glad that you are able to spread out the birthday celebrations! Good idea to give the walking group a miss until the doctor has seen you. Hope you have a lovely day and enjoy the movie.

    By the way, I was very good at the fabric store! Didn't even buy any fabric! Only some yarn and that's for a cardigan for a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done at the fabric store. I am impressed!

      I'm a bit disappointed about the walking but I need to know what's causing the new pain. I don't want to cause any long term or permanent damage.

      Delete
  3. Oh that is too bad about the walking group - some of them seemed good fun. Sounds like your friends know exactly how to celebrate you & with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The decision to give the walking a miss was made much easier by the fact that it is wet and cold! It's just not worth the risk - my knee aches after very little exercise. I'm just hoping it's not arthritis.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts