Thursday

I'm trying another walk with the Westbury group but will have to miss the coffee and cake afterwards because I am meeting up with J for the afternoon. I'm not sure how the walk will go as my left knee is still playing up and I am aware of a new pain every time I move which, if it doesn't settle down, will mean yet another visit to the doctor.

Once I'm back at home I want to sort out the books to make room for the latest pile from my sister. There were 15 books, so 15 books will need to be passed on to make room for them. I didn't get round to doing this yesterday so it must be done today and then I can add them to my 64 items decluttering challenge for November.

I'll also spend a bit of time in the kitchen. I bought some yellow sticker soup packs yesterday, two bags of chopped root veg and two bags of chopped sweet potato and red onion, enough to make 32 portions of soup reduced to £1 for the lot. According to the packaging I just need to add stock but I will add a selection of veg from the bottom of the fridge as well so will end up with at least an additional 12 portions. I haven't bought these soup packs before as paying the full price means it's cheaper to just buy the veg and do the chopping myself, but this was a bargain and too good to miss. I'm not going to run out of soup any time soon!

The only other thing I need to get done is to label all the tubas and trombones currently stored in my garage. The band are moving all of their instruments and sheet music to their new storage and will be taking the stuff from my garage as well. This will be by the first week of December at the latest but if I get them labelled now (these are the instruments to be sold) I won't have to worry about it. I do know it'll be lovely to have the space back.

I've been neglecting my piano practice so that will definitely be fitted in today as well!

Comments

  1. OH right now a big bowl of veg soup sounds delicious. Hopefully your knee is quickly sorted. Have you thought of an over the counter type of brace to use while walking to give your knee some support?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked about using a brace some time ago and was advised not to. The way forward is gentle walking and stop when it hurts, rest when needed. I had to abandon the walk this morning due to the pain and my knee is now swollen so it's back to the doctor to have this new pain checked out.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to read that your knee hurt and is swollen. I am glad you are going to have it seen by a doctor. I was going to suggest a knee brace, myself, but, not if you were advised against it. Hope you are able to rest and postpone the labeling of the musical instruments until later.

    That's a lot of soup you are planning to make! You'll have a well stocked freezer for sure. You did well to get the soup packets when they were on reduced sale.

    I'm curious - were you able to see your sister when she dropped off the books, after all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't see my sister, her husband brought the books round instead.

      Yes, the freezer is now packed with soup. The soup packs shortened the cooking session considerably as the fresh veg was already chopped ready for the pan. I added stuff from the fridge but that took very little time to prepare, so all in all it was a speedy cooking session which was just as well because my knee was killing me.

      The instrument labelling has been abandoned for the time being!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts