5 in 5 | A Quick Trip to the Marina

I'm joining in with Sandie's 5 in 5 monthly link up. 

This is how the monthly challenge works:

1. Choose a location
2. Have your camera ready
3. Set a mobile timer for 5 minutes
4. Take as many photos as you can until the time is up
5. Choose 5 of those photos to share via the link on Sandie's blog on the 5th of the month

The marina is about five minutes walk from my home, in the opposite direction from the pathways in this post. When you get to The Slipway you have the choice of turning down one of the access paths on the right which take you to the canal towpath but I'll save that for another post. If you carry straight on or take one of the pathways on the left you will very quickly arrive at the marina.

I was surprised to see so many narrowboats - it's rather crowded at the moment  



... due in part to the fact that many of the hire boats are still at their winter moorings. I was expecting them to have been moved out and moored along the canal by now.



There were no sign of the swan family, which is what I was hoping to photograph, but there were some ducks.



So I'll leave you with a couple of shots of the ducks. 



Many thanks to Sandie for organising the monthly link up.


🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Yesterday's trip to The Hall was a huge success but it deserves its own post, hopefully next week.

Comments

  1. The ducks look like they are having a good time. The marina looks like an interesting place. Are those houseboats? Do people live on them? (Or should that be "live in them"?)

    Glad to hear the trip to The Hall was a success! Looking forward to reading about it (and seeing some pictures, hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the type of narrow boat that some people live on but the majority of these are used for recreation and are owned by the marina company. Anyone can hire them for boating holidays, day trips etc and people who own their own boats can rent moorings for a maximum 30 day period. The marina also has a ship yard where boats are repaired so some of the ones in the marina are there awaiting repair or servicing. Next time I go that way, I'll photograph the shipyard and hire centre for you to see.

      Yes, there are photos of the trip to the Hall. I just have to edit them and make a selection for the post - I took about 400 photos!

      Delete
  2. What an interesting area you live in.I love the duck photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love this area, plenty to see and do.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to have the canal so close to your home. Covid would seriously have effected hiring of narrow boats and movement on the water. I love canal walks as they include things I love, water, boats, history, nature, the Industrial Age and the element of surprise. Thank you for sharing your photos and joining in 5in5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canals are fascinating places. I'm off to the Caen Hill locks soon, about 8 miles away - good photo opportunities with the flight of locks, lots of birds and wild flowers. I've missed going there during the lockdown.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos! I love seeing the barges. When I go home we always go to Woodbridge and there are always a few that are moored there. They are so bright and colourful. Lovely to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something special about seeing the narrowboats.I love everything about the canals.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos, thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts