Thursday

I'm off on my second adventure today. This time it's a solo trip to Great Chalfield Manor and Garden, a National Trust property I've visited countless times before but I always find something new every time I go. It's only three miles away so the journey is simple enough. I realise I haven't written about visiting The Hall yet so that'll be a task for this weekend. 

The supermarket delivery arrived on time yesterday - only one thing unavailable and one acceptable substitution, so I'm all set to move to my new eating plan. Actually, I started yesterday with my evening meal so I'm on my way! Today is a two meal day so I'll have a brunch type meal about 11 o'clock and the other meal about 5 o'clock. I need to take medication first thing, with food, so have made a fruit smoothie and will use a tiny amount of that for meds time - the nutritionist suggested this and one small smoothie will last for two or three days so I'll give it a try. I don't usually have snacks but there is plenty of fruit if I feel peckish. 

I'm really glad I didn't rush to buy more garden pots last month. Buying the cosmos and thinking through where I want to place them has proved to be an interesting exercise and I have a much clearer idea of what I think will work best, and it isn't what I would have bought if I'd rushed in to buying them. I want to discuss my ideas with Danielle and decide on pot size, shape and material, etc. and then I'll be able to buy as soon as the sales start ... at least, I'm assuming there will be autumn sales this year.

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy,I'm off in about an hour. After a miserable morning, the sun is shining and it looks like the rain will hold off 😁

      Delete
  2. By the time you get back to reading this, I hope you had a marvelous time Great Chalfield Manor. The nice thing about your pots of Cosmos is that they can easily be moved about as your mood decides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time at Chalfield, thanks.

      That's part of the plan - having the annuals in pots means I can move them around the garden to fill in colour where it's needed.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a lovely time at Chalfield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant. I've written a post about it for tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. My mum and sister made a visit there last week. It’s one that I still need to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the visit and I look forward to reading about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eating plan sounds interesting. Having a nutritionist to work with must open you to new options :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm alternating between two meal and three meal days, no processed foods (or as little as possible), three meat free days a week, and eat the recommended five a day (as a minimum). Also watch portion sizes, only eat when hungry, not when the clock says it's meal time, and drink plenty of water.

      The advice from the nutritionist goes back to my last attempt to lose weight but it still applies. I'm not seeing her this time but will ask for a new referral if things don't go well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts