Friday

Yesterday turned out to be a bit of a nothing day as the morning was taken up with social media. I've recently discovered Twitter, not to post comments or anything, but to follow various posting which make me laugh. I pulled myself together and had a musical afternoon - piano, tenor horn and a couple of the choir songs practiced, and I actually settled down to working on scales and arpeggios on all three instruments as well! 

Today is a big day. It's my first proper adventure since lockdown was ordered ... a jolly with L to see the gardens of The Hall in Bradford on Avon. We chatted yesterday to arrange where and when to meet up but I admit to feeling anxious. Silly really, as I know I will have a good time seeing the gardens and spending time with L - we always laugh a lot when we're together - but it's my first social activity and even though there will be a one-way route to follow and social distancing will be observed, this will be my first time choosing to be where there will be other people, albeit in a low risk situation. I got everything ready last night - ticket, cash, water, snack, wipes, gloves, mask, camera, bag, meds, and umbrella (this is England after all!) - it felt rather like the first day of a new school term!

I'm taking my camera with me but L is used to having to wait while I take photos so this one trip ticks four boxes - visiting local places of interest, walking and being more active, meeting friends in person, and getting out and about with my camera.


Tonight was supposed to be a Zoom meet-up with P and L, but they messaged yesterday to reschedule it so I don't know what I'll do yet. The freebie musical is a repeat showing of Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat so I'll probably give it a miss and watch something on Netflix or Disney instead.

Comments

  1. I, too, felt very nervous at first but all the arrangements at Hyde Hall were so good that my anxiety trickled away during the visit. I expect it will be the same for every 'going back' thing we do for a while and the underlying reason won't go away, of course.
    Having said all of that, I wish you a wonderful time. It sounds lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get there and underneath the anxiety, I'm looking forward to it. It's lovely and sunny and not too hot, so perfect weather for an afternoon out. xx

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a fun (and safe) afternoon with your friend. I'm sure it will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it was fine and I've had a rather lovely afternoon.

      Delete
  3. Oh I hear you about the anxiety about going out to a public place but thankfully you will be adventuring with a friend that understands this anxiety & also gets all the protocols needed to keep you safe as possible. I have a friend that I won't meet up with just yet as she's not been good at observing lock down or protocols surrounding the easement of such. She's too high risk for me, I like her, but not enough to chance a virus!!!

    I like all your preparations & I think the umbrella could serve as a sun screen should it get too bright (col). Cannot wait to read about & see all the photos from your "joy". Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L was very good about the social distancing but quite a few other adults there ignored the rules completely. Despite that I enjoyed my first adventure!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had fun! Lovely photos. I hear you about being anxious being out, but to me there are certain levels of risk and I think getting out where there aren't too many people is good for you. I don't mind walks and visiting outdoor spaces. I'd rather do that than any kind of shopping lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping is definitely out of the question for me. I'm sticking to online orders for now. It was a relatively low risk activity this afternoon and I am sure the next trip out will be easier.

      Delete
  5. Twitter is fun. I try to post something every day or so just to keep the account looking active, but I'm mostly there following news. Outings as we first start to venture out are bound to be stressful. Every time I consider it I back away from the idea :( I look forward to hearing your experience, which I'm sure will be encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I will post anything on twitter but am enjoying all the news discussions.

      Once I got to the venue and met my friend the anxiety disappeared. It's easy to forget that care is needed but everybody was vigilant and there were no issues. I'm trying my first solo outing on Thursday.

      Delete
    2. You're doing it right: gradually and carefully.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts