The Simple Woman's Daybook | Friday 3rd July 2020

FOR TODAY - FRIDAY 3RD JULY 2020

Outside my window ... I'm guessing here because this is a scheduled post - the forecast is for a dry but overcast day.

I am thinking ... about the best way to complete a few errands that are long overdue. I'm sure it'll all be fine, and friends and family will help if absolutely necessary, but I want to tackle them myself if I can. 

I am thankful ... that all my family and friends remain safe and well during these strange times.

In the kitchen ... I'm in the middle of wiping down the cupboard doors. I started it yesterday lunchtime after splashing Bolognese sauce everywhere. When I was locking up at bedtime I noticed that I can't get away with only wiping the cupboards affected by the spillage - the ones I haven't done now look grubby so I need to wipe down the rest today ... the joys of having glossy white kitchen units!

I am wearing ... (or will be wearing when I drag myself out of bed) blue t-shirt and white skirt.

I am creating ... plans and lists and more lists and plans, all to do with the planting ideas for the garden.

I am going ... to sign up for Disney+, just for a couple of months. The main reason is the chance to see Hamilton (the musical) but there are quite a few other films I will enjoy watching.

I am wondering ... whether I will be lucky enough to book an entry to one of the local National Trust properties. Every time I've checked the site the properties I'm interested in have been fully booked. 

I am reading ... the genre for the Diversify Your Reading Challenge for July is suspense/thriller so I will choose something from my bookcase today - Impression by Ray Clark is a possibility.  


I am watching ... lots of YouTube videos, mostly to do with gardening. 

I am hoping ... that the conditions in my garden are compatible with the type of planting I'd like. I'll be disappointed if too many changes have to be made.

I am looking forward to ... next week and a socially distanced meet up with L.

I am learning ... about local history, enjoying all those quirky facts about past times.

Around the house ...  it's surprisingly tidy. I seem to have cured myself of a tendency to be messy, although it is much easier to be tidy now the junk has gone and there is room for everything I've kept to have its own place.

I am pondering ... my lifestyle goals and whether it is time to change my focus. 

One of my favourite things ... hearing a baby laugh.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... Zoom meeting, a socially distanced jolly, choir practice, and an afternoon out in the car 
  • Saturday will be watching Hamilton, assuming I can set up Disney+
  • Sunday will be Zoom call with P and L
  • Monday will be the online choir practice,
  • Tuesday will be a drive out in the car
  • Wednesday will be a walk around the marina (5 minutes away), 
  • Thursday will be the socially distanced meet with L
  • Friday will be watching whichever musical is released, 
A peek into my day ... a morning in the kitchen and an afternoon reading. This evening it's the final choir quiz followed by Michael Flatley's Celtic Tiger, the Shows Must Go On release for this weekend. 

A quote for today ... "Happiness is not by chance, but by choice", Jim Rohn.

Comments

  1. Remind me never to go for glossy white in the kitchen < grin >
    Do you know when the new dates come up on the NT sites? If you're there bang on time, you may stand a better chance. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glossy white doors are a nightmare!

      The NT dates are released on a Friday but I haven't managed to work out the timing of the release yet. I'm wondering if it may be midnight so next week I'll stay up late on the Thursday to see if I have more luck.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you'll be having a nice day, Eileen, and I like your plans for the week, with something scheduled for each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to make each day feel different and also to give myself something to look forward to.

      Delete
  3. This post rolled like a very gentle breeze. So nice to read your plans for the day & for the coming week. I have Mr Man checking out the possibility of signing on the the Disney network for the summer as I too want to see Hamilton. Fingers crossed for both of us!! Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, kind words. Thanks Mary-Lou.

      I'm not planning on spending money socially for the foreseeable future so I have justified the expense for the time being. I hope you enjoy Hamilton if you are able to get Disney+ where you live. Happy weekend to both of you too

      Delete
  4. All sounds very Zen. I've enjoyed your garden posts and I too hope it can be realised as per the plans. Even if adaptations have to be made, I'm sure it will be beautiful and look forward to seeing it get established.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle will be here on Tuesday so I will talk it through with her then and will know quite quickly if any parts need rethinking.

      Delete
  5. We watched the Mandalorian during our free 7 days with Disney, but then we cancelled. Sounds like you are busy and have a variety of activities. I'm enjoying the garden posts, especially the many different kinds of plants you have in mind. The garden planning is as much fun as the garden completion imo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to keep Disney for a couple of months as I want to watch all the Marvel films in order, but then I will probably cancel.

      The planning part of any project is always good fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts