Me On Monday

Me on Monday is feeling a little too relaxed after a very lazy Sunday so I'll need to push myself to get going today. 

The garden won't need watering after a very wet weekend ...

taken through misted up glass, the back garden on a rainy Sunday afternoon

... and I only have to finish hoovering the carpets and then that's it as far as the housework is concerned as I did most of it on Saturday. So I just have to decide how to occupy my time today.

The only definite is that I will meet up with J and L via Zoom in place of our planned face to face meeting, which would have involved a rather delightful Afternoon Tea at Bowood Hotel. It was going to be a late birthday celebration for J so I am sure we will reschedule for the end of next month. 

As for the rest of the day, I don't know! I  haven't made any progress with the gradient jigsaw puzzle and it stares accusingly at me every time I go into the room. I could have another go at that, although I feel all jigsawed out so I'll simply pack it away and try again in the winter ... the proper time of year for completing jigsaws.

I should check the bookcase and choose a new book to lose myself in. A good murder mystery would be ideal if I have any of that genre left ... my sister has been very remiss in passing on her latest reads to me, and it's getting to the stage where I will have to buy my own! It's almost time for the next book in the Diversify Your Reading challenge - the August theme is 'contemporary', which according to Google means a novel set in the period after WWll through to the current day that deals with real life issues. I know I don't have anything suitable so any suggestions will be appreciated, please.

Or, I could work on a new piece of music. This could be a 'thing' for every time I have to self isolate (although I sincerely hope that it won't be a frequent occurrence) and I do have a selection of unplayed pieces to choose from. Yes, some time in the music room sounds perfect ... whether my actual playing will is another thing entirely!

Comments

  1. Already the garden is looking very attractive, isn't it?
    Music time sounds perfect - have a great time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised at how quickly it is starting to all come together.

      Delete
  2. I've had a weekend catch up - your bee in cosmos photo is stunning. Today's photo show that your plans are all coming together & WOW doesn't it look nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. It's starting to come together and I can see the beginning of the 'feel' I am looking for.

      Delete
  3. Your garden is looking good, even through a misted glass! Wish we had some of that rain over here! I hope you've had a lovely day with a little vacuuming, a Zoom meeting with friends, and a little music thrown in. Hope the rest of the week evolves in as pleasant a manner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fed up with the rain so you can have your turn now if you want 😂

      I've had a very good day and some good news too - all explained in tomorrow's post.

      Delete
  4. Your garden looks lovely.
    It has been raining here too. I like when it rains because I don't have to water. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil, it's slowly getting there. I'm fine with the rain for a while because, like you say, you don't need to water the garden but after a couple of days of continuous downpour I start to long for it to stop!

      Delete
  5. I like the look of the wet tiles in your garden. For a diversified novel, have you read Alexander McCall Smith's mystery series set in Botswana, Africa? The first one is The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and they deal with contemporary issues in the problems Mma Ramotswe investigates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look best when they're wet.

      Thanks for the book suggestion but I have already read them.

      Delete
  6. Your garden is a lovely place. I like how the pots are arranged.

    I read Maud Martha for the contemporary book for this challenge. It's available online here: https://archive.org/details/isbn_9780883780619
    There's a waitlist for a 2-week borrowing. It's beautifully written. Here's the Wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maud_Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the book suggestion. I'll have s look at the link tomorrow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts