A Return to the New Normal!

First the good news ... Danielle and her husband have received their test results and are both negative for Covid 19. As I was only self isolating because of my contact with Danielle, I no longer need to continue isolating and can get back to my new normal.

It's too late to book a ticket to visit a National Trust property this week so I will pick something from my 'local places to visit' list for later in the week, maybe the priory at Edington or the churches at Potterne and Poulshot.

I will have a garden meet with my nephew's family as soon as the weather improves. It's been raining all weekend and most of yesterday, and although sunny days are forecast for the rest of the week, it's not looking too bright today ... but it is very early as I write this. Miss C transfers to senior school in September and, as with all the others before her, I've bought everything on her stationery list to help out. I usually take the child shopping, make quite an event of it, and then take him or her back home for the big reveal to parents but obviously that wasn't possible this year so we've changed it round. Her mum took her shopping yesterday and we did a WhatsApp video call while they were in the shop so I could be involved with the choices. They'll bring all the goodies round and do the big reveal to me later this week. I've heard from her mum that Miss C is delighted with all her goodies but is rather concerned about how much it all cost - I on the other hand was expecting it to be much more expensive than the £64 spent, so am quite happy! It's always difficult to judge how much it will cost because the different schools have their own requirements and the basic lists have changed considerably over the years. I now need to save up for two years time when it will be Miss E's turn and also the first time the stationery list will include a Welsh/English dictionary!


cosmos on a wet and windy day
I'm trying to decide on the planting scheme for the centre bed today. It's coming together slowly - if I could decide on the roses the other choices would be easier but I keep dithering on the rose. I'm looking for a deep pink shrub rose if you have any suggestions please? 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad for both Danielle and her husband and also for you and all the others.
    Miss C sounds delightful with a great attitude. That's a clever way to be involved.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic news. Best of all with the exception of the original case, the entire workforce and families tested negative.

      Miss C is a very special, caring young girl. I know I'm biased but she really does have a wonderful attitude. The WhatsApp video call was a good substitute for not being there in person.

      Delete
  2. Hurrah, you are free! Wonderful.
    About the rose..... There are some glorious deep pink shrub roses on the David Austin website. I have several of his roses, costly but excellent robust roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get back to my plans now!

      I'll have a look at the David Austin website. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. Good news about the negative results, and so now you're free to do what ever you want! Thank you for your views on dieting on my blog, I am just doing what I can but eating a lot less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic news about the negative results, and the renewed freedom to venture out whenever I want.

      Good luck with your weight loss journey.

      Delete
  4. Yeah for a negative test results! How so very kind of you to purchase the school supplies for nieces/nephews & what fun it will be with the big reveal. Not sure what the schools are doing here, locally, they still haven't decided about the kids going back to in-class.

    Great photo of the cosmos - I'm going to show my cosmos this photo, maybe shame them into to better blooming or at least give them a role model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought the stationery for every child since the oldest niece first went to senior school. Miss C is the 9th plus I did the same for my friend' four daughters. The lists are expensive on top of the new uniform requirements and it's a way of helping family. Miss C's was slightly more than usual because, as a result of Covid 19, the list included some Art supplies to avoid the need to use communal resources in lessons.

      The dwarf cosmos are doing well but the taller plants took a battering during the rainy weekend. Hope yours buck their ideas up 😂

      Delete
  5. Oh, what good news, all around about the tests being negative! I'm so glad! I'm sure everyone heaved a big sigh of relief! Now you can resume your activities as planned.

    As others have mentioned, buying each child his/her school supplies is a lovely thing to do! I'm sure the parents appreciate it, too! Enjoy the visit with the family and the big reveal of the items that were purchased. :)

    You garden is coming along nicely. My gardener friend M, too, is a big fan of the David Austin roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a couple of David Austin roses which I like so now need to decide how many climbers I want in the garden. The two existing roses are growing against trellis but I'd like to investigate the possibility of removing the trellis and retraining them on obelisks ready for when the fence is replaced in a couple of years. What I need to decide is whether, if I have two obelisks on one side of the garden, will a third one on the other side be one too many. What do you think?

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the negative test, and hoorah that you can cease the self-isolating and get back out there some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great news isn't it. I can relax and start my adventuring again.

      Delete
  7. Hi Eileen,
    Glad the tests are negative. That way you can make your life normal and free.
    It is a beautiful gesture to help the children of the family in the purchase of school supplies. It is very expensive here too.
    I hope that soon you can visit the churches and plant your favorite flowers.
    Hugs and a good quiet night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be out and about tomorrow. I feel in need of a change of scene and some fresh air.

      I'm happy to help family and friends. It's an expensive time so it's one way I can help out.

      Delete
  8. Glad your friends are negative that must be a relief. You know it’s worth checking the NT website there are often slots left later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a relief for everyone.

      I haven't been checking back but will do now you've mentioned it. Thanks xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts