Tuesday

Yesterday turned out to be a very bitty day and I didn't get much of the housework done, which is frustrating. E phoned numerous times throughout the day for very long conversations each time, which was lovely, but after the first three phone calls I really wanted to get on and get the housework finished. That's a Wednesday job now.

I contacted the plant nursery and am going to choose what I want later this morning. They have a few cosmos plants available so guess what I'll be buying ... cosmos in pots on the patio is all part of the plan but thought I'd left it too late for this year. I'm hoping to have time to pot them up today, probably sometime this evening.

This afternoon I'm joining a Zoom meeting with some photography friends for an online presentation on macro photography, which should be good fun. I've been looking forward to this for ages.

Last night I started watching repeats of Dangerfield on UKTV Play. This was first screened in 1995 and I have no recollection of ever watching it before, but I knew all the main characters and vaguely remembered the storylines so I must have done! Maybe I'm just getting old and the memory is starting to play tricks with me!

Comments

  1. Happy planting - I love Cosmos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmos is lovely but quite invasive, I found. The seeds go everywhere. It's so pretty though that it's easily forgiven!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all going into pots but I wouldn't mind if it spread everywhere anyway. I love it!

      Delete
  3. It was meant to be, Cosmos in pots on your patio ... such a lovely flower. The ones I have growing in pots this year don't seem to want to grow straight, ummm.

    I wonder what's going on with your friend J that they are needing 3 lengthy phones in one day, umm.

    Hope you have a good day & get that niggley housework out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just pleased to get some because all the garden centres and online suppliers were sold out.

      No housework today, maybe tomorrow. E sometimes phones a lot like that but I don't mind really. She gets very lonely sometimes and lockdown has been a real struggle for her.

      Delete
  4. I love Cosmos! That'll make a nice bright spot :) I've never had it here as I thought it'd be too tall and take up too much space on my patio. I'll be glad to see your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have three pots of dwarf cosmos ... never had it before so this is a bit of an experiment to see if I like it. The normal (tall) cosmos will go in pots as well but will need to be staked once they've grown a bit taller. I have 19 of those, plus 5 osteospurmum plants. Yes, there will be photos!

      Delete
    2. correcting myself ... I have 16 of the tall cosmos!

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    I wish your choice of plants to look beautiful in your yard.
    The conversations are very pleasant, but sometimes they go on .... and we ran out of time;)) !! The photography experience must be very interesting. New techniques are always learned.
    Hugs and restful night.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. Cosmos is beautiful so I can't go wrong with it ... hopefully!

      The photo presentation was interesting but a bit creepy with lots of macro shots of spiders!

      Long chats with friends are the best, just not too many on the same day.

      Delete
  6. Your patio is going to look lovely with all those potted plants! You might not have got your housework done, but, I'm sure you were a blessing to your friend, being available for her to talk to, as many times as she needed to. Although, after the 3rd call, I think it would be perfectly fine to say you are busy and ask if you can call back, later. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She needed to talk so on this particular occasion I wouldn't have put her off. I can catch up tomorrow so it's fine.

      This will be a good opportunity to see whether my ideas for the annual plants will look good. I don't have enough plants but will be able to see for real instead of just imagining.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts