Weekly Reflections



Reasons to be cheerful ...
  • cosmos plants on the patio 😁
  • enjoying a Zoom presentation on macro photography
  • phone calls with friends 
  • celebrating birthdays via Zoom
  • visiting Great Chalfield Manor and Garden on a hot, sunny afternoon
  • finally getting my hair cut and the chance to catch up with G
  • hearing that my sister's house sale completed on Friday
  • booking a ticket for next week's adventure

I am grateful ...
  • for  the UK postal service 
  • for mobile hairdressers, avoiding the need to go to a busy salon

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

It's been a good week and once again I've been feeling upbeat and happy with my lot. The biggie this week was my second solo excursion which I was much less anxious about doing after testing the waters, so to speak, with my trip to The Hall the previous week. This opens up so many possibilities for me, even with all the necessary precautions in place, and I am relieved to have transitioned relatively easily to the next stage of expanding my life.

I've lost 1.5 lbs this week. I started my new eating plan on Wednesday evening and since then have been successful in eating my 5 a day, which I'm pleased about. I'm still managing to exercise every other day, not as much as I'd like but at least it is consistent. I'm thinking about buying a bicycle with a view to cycling along the canal towpath (which is also part of the National Cycle network) but which, with the use of an appropriate stand, could also be used as a stationery bike on days when the weather isn't playing nicely. I'll need to clear space in the garage before it can happen though, so even if I do decide to do this it won't be any time soon!

Comments

  1. A good idea about getting a stand for bad days - I didn't know it was a thing you could get.
    You've had a lovely week, haven't you?
    Well done on the weight loss too. Fantastic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the stands either until my neighbour mentioned it.

      I have had a lovely week but I think the change is in me and how I feel, rather than because of how I have been affected by events if that makes sense.

      I'm pleased about the weight loss. It's a good start but lots more to go!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very good week, Eileen. Things are looking up for you (while we seem headed to a very uncomfortable place in a hand basket, as the saying goes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are looking up for me, thanks Bless. I feel more confident about getting out and about (with sensible precautions) so possibilities are opening up. In this area we don't have any where near the same high levels of infection that you're having to cope with so expanding my life towards some normality, albeit very very slowly, seems achievable.

      Delete
  3. These joys are encouraging :) Those beginnings in venturing out and doing it safely are wonderful. Congrats on your consistency in exercise and your eating plan success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The exercise is still an effort and I have to force myself to do it - I'm hoping it will get easier!

      The weekly adventures are working out well and I'm pleased and relieved with how it's going. It gives me some hope for the future!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts